Sundown Audio

(2) Powerbass XTA-5000D on (2) DC LVL 5 18"s?????

The Big Chris

I am doing 2 DC Sound LVL 5 18"s in a box ported into the back seat in the trunk of my crown Vic. I am looking for amps that will supply sufficient power for these. I have read about Stetsom 7k2 and the Sundown amps but I can't find anywhere to buy them and can't really find any legitimate customer service to back them up and warranty, etc. My friend at my local shop said he can order 2 Powerbass XTA-5000D's for $1,450 for both. They have dual 00g inputs, 500 amp fuses and are really decent amps. These particular powerbass amps are manufactured outside of the regular Powerbass manufacturer so it's not typical Powerbass. These subs take about 8-10k and that's what these amps will be putting out.

Can anybody give me any advice and information they know about these amps. Also the following is what exactly I am doing for the system:

-2 DC LVL 5 18"s

-2 Amps 8-10k (or 1 8-10k amp)

-250 amp high output alternator

-2 kinetik 2400s

-Pioneer F90bt

-Mla Module

Anything else please let me know

Thanks,

Chris

i have no idea why youd choose the powerbass over EITHER of those amps, but i guess you've got to do whatever you want.

if that amp really puts out 8-10k then one would be enough for the set-up. throwing almost 20,000 watts at those subs with only two batteries will kill you electrical and hurt your subs or your amp(s) or both.

i would personally reconsider what you are about to do.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

I dont think either of those compnaies can beat Jacob over at Sundowns service or warranty coverage. I have never dealt with the other two companies but my experiance with Sundown as well as many others speaks for itself.But those XTA-5000D's are beast from what I have heard about them which is limitied info. Good luck!

Team S.S.C.

DB Drag Street A 2011 National Champ

DC Audio Dealer

Nor Cal AA Dealer

Incriminator Audio Dealer

CA Sundown Audio Dealer

[email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

i have no idea why youd choose the powerbass over EITHER of those amps, but i guess you've got to do whatever you want.

if that amp really puts out 8-10k then one would be enough for the set-up. throwing almost 20,000 watts at those subs with only two batteries will kill you electrical and hurt your subs or your amp(s) or both.

i would personally reconsider what you are about to do.

Re-read...I said 2 of those amps. Both will put a total of 8-10k together (4-5k each). Like I said, its just not a shitty powerbass amp, its a good amp. From what I have seen, Stetsom amps draw a lot of amps and need several batteries to keep up. Also, I have no idea where to order a Stetsom amp. I tried calling the number on the website and talked to some lady who barely spoke english. And the Sundown 3500ds are $1,500 a piece.

More alts and batts.....

a beefed up 250amp and 2 kinetik 2400 batteries are sufficient. Thats not my question, I am in need of help on the amp. If a amp you recommended required more batts/alts because it drew more, then maybe.

I dont think either of those compnaies can beat Jacob over at Sundowns service or warranty coverage. I have never dealt with the other two companies but my experiance with Sundown as well as many others speaks for itself.But those XTA-5000D's are beast from what I have heard about them which is limitied info. Good luck!

I forgot to mention the Powerbass amps, for $100 more, come with a 5 year no question asked swap out warranty. I would really like to get a Sundown, but at $1,500 a piece, they don't fit my budget. Over anything, I would really like to get the Stetsom 7k2. But I have no idea where to order one of these, and can't find a number to call that will speak good english.

The Stetsoms are really efficient. Of course they draw a lot of amps, they make a shit load of power. It takes power to make power.

Go check the Stetsom section on here, there's a couple of guys who are sales reps for Stetsom and live in the US so they speak proper englandish :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The Stetsoms are really efficient. Of course they draw a lot of amps, they make a shit load of power. It takes power to make power.

Go check the Stetsom section on here, there's a couple of guys who are sales reps for Stetsom and live in the US so they speak proper englandish :)

LOL.

To the OP, of course they draw power, they need it to make power. If they (the Powerbass'es really do use 500 amp fuses, they might just make 5K each clean, but I don't know. Never used them.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Holy shit, you think 2 batts and a 250amp alt is enough for a 10K setup.....Keep dreaming. You seem that have an attitide, and the "KNOW IT ALL" mentality, chill out, YOU asked for help here, but when ever someone replies, you bitch right back........ Either accept what people are telling you as "Constructive" or learn how to do shit yourself.......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Yeah more batts and more alts I'd try to do a 300 amp alt and 4-5 hc 2400s

and did you check *** for pricing on the sundowns? Or try to email Jacob?

But I don't know if you should give 5k to your woofers

You could look into gettin a single RD audio D9 it does 5000@1 ohm at 12.6v and it is umber rated

Roseville, CA

Archived