Sonic Electronix

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220482798618 is the hard drive I bought. It has some drivers and stuff on it. I have a Kenwwod Excelon X-692 and I usually use a standard usb blank flash drive to store my music on. I decided to upgrade to this WD 120GB Mini Portable USB 2.0 External Hard Drive but now it wont read on my deck and my flash drive is broken. How do i get this hard drive to be bank with no drivers? Reformat? Am I out of luck? Any ideas? PLEASE HELP! Cannot listen to the radio forever!!!! haha. Thanks guys.

2000 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Kenwood Excelon X-692 Head Unit

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X20 Amp Wire to Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm

Infinity Kappa 6.5" and 3" pushed by rockfored 400.i? or something? I'll look later. Its 2 amps in 1

I would try a reformat first.... After that I'm not 100%

I have seen some decks that have no problems with HDD, and some that when you get over 30 some gigs they freak out......

EDIT: The HDD needs to be formatted to FAT16 or FAT32

from crutchfield:

USB Port: The Kenwood KDC-X692 features a rear panel 2.0 USB type-A port that is attached to the headunit's chassis by a 39" pigtail. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class device. The USB port is compatible with all USB mass storage class devices that support the FAT16 or FAT32 file system. Your USB device should only have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 255 folders, and 255 files per folder with a maximum of 65,025 files and folders. When your USB device is connected to this unit, it can be charged up provided that the KDC-X692 is powered on. The KDC-X692 comes supplied with a mounting bracket for the unit's USB port so you permanently mount it in your vehicle. The unit also comes supplied with a USB cap to place over the USB when not in use.

Note: You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.

Edited by HaMSaMMiCH

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

I only have 2 albums on there right now

Edited by Belvy83

Infinity Kappa 6.5" and 3" pushed by rockfored 400.i? or something? I'll look later. Its 2 amps in 1

Any other ideas anyone?

is it formatted to the fat 16 or fat 32, most HDDs are formatted to the NTFS, thats why it wont read it I am guessing....reformat and try again..

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I no my usb couldnt be read on my clarion deck and the usb drive had U3 on it and i had to unintall the U3 then it could read it.

2000 White Ford Ranger

5" RCD lift

33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2s

Euro Altezza tail lights

5% window tint

Clarion Indash

4 Q Power 15s

1 Sundown 2000

1 DC power 300 amp alt(on the way)-soon to be 2

2 powermaster d925s batteries

Second Skin Deadener

Highs/mids amp-Crossfire 404

Door speakers-2 5x7 mb quarts and 1 5 1/4" black max up front, stock 5x7s in the rear

Soon to Come:

Lots of SA-8s

2 Sundown saz 3500s(possible 4500s)

5-7 d3100 batteries

custom clamshell

BNC 8s for mids

undecided tweeters

teamnemesissundown.jpg

it needs to be a fat16 or fat32 like said before, look for a program called "partition magic" cuz windows wont make a fat partiition bigger than 32 gigs.

i've used that one on my pioneer decks so once itss formatted it should work. theres some fine print about h/u's only supporting like a .5amp draw over the usb and such, any higher and the unit just shuts it down.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

im guessing the HU does not have the power the drive needs. my kenwood would only put out half an amp, and im willing to bet the hard drive takes more than that to run. also its kinda pointless since the deck only reads up to 999 files. atleast on mine it did

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER