i have never been to a competition and would like to know do people compete with one 15', and are they competitive?

There are tons of different leagues and classes, yes there are people competing with a single 15" sub. check here:

http://dbdrag.com/dbdrag/rules/2009/rules.asp?Org_ID=1

Run what you brung. Its not about being the best, its going out for the hobby itself. If you enjoy your system, compete. You learn a lot just by competing. Nobody will knock your system unless you're cocky about it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you get Ideas on how to make your existing setup louder, just by installing it differently. Good luck man.... Its all in fun.

Run what you brung. Its not about being the best, its going out for the hobby itself. If you enjoy your system, compete. You learn a lot just by competing. Nobody will knock your system unless you're cocky about it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you get Ideas on how to make your existing setup louder, just by installing it differently. Good luck man.... Its all in fun.

I think I have more fun buying cheapo equipment and just messing with audio stuff than I would after I installed a 4 grand or so system.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Depends on the class you compete in, but yes people do compete with a single 15... I doubt you'll win any world titles with a 15" daily setup, but going to comps is a fun time. Unless you seriously plan to compete, just show up, register, go through the lanes, and have a good time.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I'v been doing it for a wile now...

in the 150+db

a few questions:

sub used ?

box type?

amp/s used?

# of batterys?

type of ride installing in?

class / bassrace or Spl?

I'm still getting my stuff together, but i have a few things, my box is 4.5cubes 74inches of port, port is kerfed. Hifonics 2010D amp, 200amp alt, buying a AQ HDC3 15, going in a 93 Tercel. I plan on running double runs of 1/0 wire, already done big 3 upgrade. i need batteries, are Shuriken batts any good? after reading rules would like to try Bassrace.

I'm still getting my stuff together, but i have a few things, my box is 4.5cubes 74inches of port, port is kerfed. Hifonics 2010D amp, 200amp alt, buying a AQ HDC3 15, going in a 93 Tercel. I plan on running double runs of 1/0 wire, already done big 3 upgrade. i need batteries, are Shuriken batts any good? after reading rules would like to try Bassrace.

when it comes to designning a Killer Bass Enclosure > http://www.pwkdesigns.com/