Second Skin Audio

How do you know if your subwoofer is broken in?

SubXero

play it louder and louder until it gets smelly, then back off so it can cool off, and then blast it some more

over time the smell basically goes away as the glue burns off the coil, once whatever will burn off is gone the smell will stop. atleast until you bang it really hard and fry coil.

suspension is usually broken in by the 24-48 hour of play mark. you'll notice the sound changes a bit (deeper, louder, etc)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I didn't do it with mine, but my friends setup, we free aired his subs (within reason of course) on a 20hz tone...I think. Damn things go nice and toasty, but they were broken in pretty fast. Two weeks later, he's pounding away on them. Not exactly the recommended way of breaking your subs in, but hey, whatever floats your boat, go for it.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

I didn't do it with mine, but my friends setup, we free aired his subs (within reason of course) on a 20hz tone...I think. Damn things go nice and toasty, but they were broken in pretty fast. Two weeks later, he's pounding away on them. Not exactly the recommended way of breaking your subs in, but hey, whatever floats your boat, go for it.

^ not recommended

Roseville, CA

Archived