nice work!

Thank you Sir.

Box was all done so next were the door pods. I was lucky on the Mazda. The package tray was removable. I made a base of the door panel and glued that to the back of the package tray. Mounted the rings to the tray then stretched the fabric over the assembly. Screwed the pods on from the back of the pannel to the pods to secure them.

5.25 and 6.5 rings made, just seeing what I want to do.

Posted Image

Just some painters tape on the door panels and some fiberglass to make the base for the pods.

Posted Image

A couple of layers of chop matte and a little trimming and its ready to glue to the package tray.

Posted Image

Rings are mounted on dowels and glued to the package tray.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fabric is stretched over the assembly, CA glued to the frame and hit with some resin and cured till it hardened.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I glassed over the front of the pods, trimmed them up, hit them with some Rage a few times and with a little spot putty. Finished them off with some flat black paint. Thats what color the car will be when he finally gets around to sanding and painting it. No picts of the bondo and sanding but thats pretty self explanatory.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The door before we deadened it with some FatMat

Posted Image

The wonderful rusty stock speakers :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Pods all finished up and installed. They turned out pretty good for my second set of pods.

You can also see the tweeters. One set in the doors and the other set in the dash in the stock location for the Mazda

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Crossovers mounted under each seat.

Posted Image

Box is definitely sexy bro

Thanks man. Rubbed one off in the woofer hole before mounting the sub it was so sexy. Dont tell my Boy though J/K :D

looks really damn good man!!!

question, how did you get the box so smooth?

I fiberglassed over the seams and sanded those smooth. Helps to keep the seams from showing although they eventually do show from the wood expanding and contracting. Then I laid a thin layer of Rage Gold over the surface of the box and block sanded it. I was shaving a buck here and there on this project so it was cheap Rustoleum latex primer first. Let it dry a few days then wet sanded it with 600 grit paper. Then rattle can paints. Pumpkin orange port and blue hammer finished paint for the box.

thats a clean azz box. didnt think osb could trun out that nice.

A lot of sanding man.

Looks good man, love that box with those colors!

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(2) 12'' Mtx Thunder 5500's

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

(1) Pioneer Deck Deh-3500

(1) American Legacy 1.0 Farad Capacitor

(1) Stinger Voltage Meter (Blue)

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif

Mounted the sub amp on the back of the box and the 4 channel on the side. Sub amp is mounted on thick rubber washers I made from a pipe coupling. One piece under the mounting foot and one between the screw and the foot. Worked pretty well to keep the vibrations in check.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Installed the deck and it was all done. Heres a shot of the pods from the inside with the door closed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Always good to include a shot of the amp guts.

Posted Image

Archived