DC Sound Lab

2 Dc Sounds Level 5 18"s on 8k-10k??

unless you plan on doing one of the ghetto youtube installs, i dont think your calculating correct. im sure you can get anything in there but with the proper box is what in saying will not work.

here are2 of the boxes i had in my vic

2 15s 7 cubes

Posted Image

2 15s 8.5 cubes

Posted Image

here the top was 1.5" from trunk lid and about 4" from rear

Posted Image

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

yea, you'll see the headache you have ahead of you when you start measuring how tall the space at the hump is and such.

honestly, the nicest setups ive seen in that kinda car were 4-12's across the rear deck (port wherever you want, center of bucket seats is fine) and a 4th order that was all fancy and clean in the trunk (requisite plexi window and such) that was ported through the deck

i love the sound of 18's, but from playing with your car, if you do 1 18 down in the well, sub and port up, you can build an amazing box and show off all your stuff and do a show quality install. 2 will REALLY be pushing even fitting it in there, let alone doing it ideally or making it look good.

and you wanna mess with a whole lot of power, "with great power comes great responsibility" , its on YOU if shit blows, sounds weird, etc. its a lot of work getting a stable system that powerful, especially for daily. hell, i dont think my subs have been off of a -12cut in a week, because its so damn loud. i just turn it up to demo or show off and then turn it back down again (honestly to the level where my 2-12's were however many installs and thousands of dollars ago that was.)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

unless you plan on doing one of the ghetto youtube installs, i dont think your calculating correct. im sure you can get anything in there but with the proper box is what in saying will not work.

here are2 of the boxes i had in my vic

2 15s 7 cubes

Posted Image

2 15s 8.5 cubes

Posted Image

here the top was 1.5" from trunk lid and about 4" from rear

Posted Image

Ya I think im closer to about 10 cubes in the tub. Im emailing back and forth with DC right now and I think with the power im putting to the 4.5-5 will work. I see what you mean tho.

yea, you'll see the headache you have ahead of you when you start measuring how tall the space at the hump is and such.

honestly, the nicest setups ive seen in that kinda car were 4-12's across the rear deck (port wherever you want, center of bucket seats is fine) and a 4th order that was all fancy and clean in the trunk (requisite plexi window and such) that was ported through the deck

i love the sound of 18's, but from playing with your car, if you do 1 18 down in the well, sub and port up, you can build an amazing box and show off all your stuff and do a show quality install. 2 will REALLY be pushing even fitting it in there, let alone doing it ideally or making it look good.

and you wanna mess with a whole lot of power, "with great power comes great responsibility" , its on YOU if shit blows, sounds weird, etc. its a lot of work getting a stable system that powerful, especially for daily. hell, i dont think my subs have been off of a -12cut in a week, because its so damn loud. i just turn it up to demo or show off and then turn it back down again (honestly to the level where my 2-12's were however many installs and thousands of dollars ago that was.)

I feel ya man. Ima do my best to get this going within the next month. I am pretty sure I will be able to get them in there at the size I want, about 10cube.

Just remember though, it's absolutely pointless to do 18s if u don't have the proper airspace/room for air to get back into the cabin. I can GUARANTEE that 2 15s with proper airspace(especially in a trunk car) will be louder than 2 18s in a small box, choked off from the cabin.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Just remember though, it's absolutely pointless to do 18s if u don't have the proper airspace/room for air to get back into the cabin. I can GUARANTEE that 2 15s with proper airspace(especially in a trunk car) will be louder than 2 18s in a small box, choked off from the cabin.

ya I feel ya. Im gunna go take a real measure tomorrow and talk to DC a little more and see what they say. I can always build the box in the tub and build it onto the shelf in the back to get more airspace.

I would really suggest a wall if you insist on (2) 18s. I have a 04 Vic, so I know the car very well.

2 aint going to happen in the trunk at all. Im currently running (1) or at least I was, (sold my bass amp :( ) in my trunk and it gets down and dirty off 1200w. I hear what your saying as far as what you want to do but you also have to be reasonable. I also suggested a wall for maxinum impact into your cabin, plus leaves you most of the trunk for batteries, (which you going to need a few with this setup) and your amps. Plus, car is not a daily driver, so I say go for the gusto.

Any pics of it? I like the direction your going with it. :)

I would really suggest a wall if you insist on (2) 18s. I have a 04 Vic, so I know the car very well.

2 aint going to happen in the trunk at all. Im currently running (1) or at least I was, (sold my bass amp :( ) in my trunk and it gets down and dirty off 1200w. I hear what your saying as far as what you want to do but you also have to be reasonable. I also suggested a wall for maxinum impact into your cabin, plus leaves you most of the trunk for batteries, (which you going to need a few with this setup) and your amps. Plus, car is not a daily driver, so I say go for the gusto.

Any pics of it? I like the direction your going with it. :)

Thanks a lot man. Il get some pictures tomorrow, that's when it will get done being bagged. I might eventually do a wall but not now. And it would be a clamshell with 4 18"s. But for now I'm doing all the amps and batteries in a custom center console that goes from the front dash all the way to the trunk, rear bench will be turned into buckets. I have 10 cubic feet to work with in the tub of the Vic and a couple more on the shelf in the trunk if I want to utilize that. Each sub will take 5 cubic feet so we are pretty dead on there. Worst comes to worst, it sounds shitty and I do the wall or rebuild a box. But like I tell all the girls, "il make it fit" haha

4 threads for the same thing http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Thanks a lot man. Il get some pictures tomorrow, that's when it will get done being bagged. I might eventually do a wall but not now. And it would be a clamshell with 4 18"s. But for now I'm doing all the amps and batteries in a custom center console that goes from the front dash all the way to the trunk, rear bench will be turned into buckets. I have 10 cubic feet to work with in the tub of the Vic and a couple more on the shelf in the trunk if I want to utilize that. Each sub will take 5 cubic feet so we are pretty dead on there. Worst comes to worst, it sounds shitty and I do the wall or rebuild a box. But like I tell all the girls, "il make it fit" haha

I feel ya man, got to do whats best for you, right? Now, one option I failed to mention, even though this is on the DC Forum, and I love Rusty's products, I might suggest another sub. Sundown Audio Nightshade 18's will work in as small as 4ft3 net each and still give suprising results.

Whatever you decide, good luck :good: