Sundown Audio

the best SQ amp out there

just1moreamp

DD makes this tube amp that is around 4 grand and is supposed to be stupid good.

this

$4k for 45Wx2 it had better make the band appear on my dashboard stupid good......

Naw, but tube amps have always been the best/most expensive for home audio, I guess it would be doubly so for cars......

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

Audison

McIntosh

Arc audio

Focal

Soundstream reference

OLD SCHOOL 4 CHANNELS!!! <------------- imo better for mids/highs over new school... just my .02

I have a SS Reference, 4ch too. Woot!!

just asking what you think is the best out there--thats not hard is it

just reiterating how subjective the question is, not that hard to understand is it?

it also depends on the person, because some amps have their own sound to them which can make the music sound warmer

Exactly

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Wouldn't this fall under the 'which is better than which' thing that the new/revised/whatever rules that were just posted the other day.

It's hard to say which amp is the best cause it varies per application, what might sound good in your ride might sound like crap in mine and vice-versa...

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers

Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby

DD makes this tube amp that is around 4 grand and is supposed to be stupid good.

this

45 x 2 for 4 grand???

Theres money that could be better spent.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

45 x 2 for 4 grand???

Theres money that could be better spent.

Dude, its TUBES! as in before integrated circuits. Most audiophiles agree tube amplifiers sound better in any application.

Though I agree, For $4k you would think that tube amp would be pushing a WEE bit more than 45x2......

edit: If I had the money, I would probably buy one and try it.......

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

Audison HV venti. 100x2 class a retail 12,999.00

/ thread.

the hr100 is pretty sweet too.

as far as the dd 45x2, most tubes are heavy (a bias), and not a lot of power needed for it.

another class a amp is the PG frank-amp-enstien awesome, and old school

Just to take it back to the old school thing.

Audison's vrx amp was a current model for 13years without a single change, kinda means something.

But still the thesis hv venti was and will always be 1 of the best amps ever made.

Look up all of the eisa awards given to that thing.

Named "the amplifier" year after year after year.

6 power supply sections, the first amp with micro processing, on-board diag, lights on the amp change color from red to blue to show the "hot and cold spots of the amp.

Very neat

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Audison HV venti. 100x2 class a retail 12,999.00

/ thread.

the hr100 is pretty sweet too.

as far as the dd 45x2, most tubes are heavy (a bias), and not a lot of power needed for it.

another class a amp is the PG frank-amp-enstien awesome, and old school

Just to take it back to the old school thing.

Audison's vrx amp was a current model for 13years without a single change, kinda means something.

But still the thesis hv venti was and will always be 1 of the best amps ever made.

Look up all of the eisa awards given to that thing.

Named "the amplifier" year after year after year.

6 power supply sections, the first amp with micro processing, on-board diag, lights on the amp change color from red to blue to show the "hot and cold spots of the amp.

Very neat

And whats scary is that is a low price for Hi End Home stereo setups, One I remember was the Ongaku Audio Note, I think it was 85,000 or so and it only made 27Watts of power, and these days thats sorta a middle ground.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived