Second Skin Audio

Noob needs Design

theyre harder to fuck up than youd think. Go ported, youll be happier.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Check this thread for some ideas on what you wanna do.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=41674

AQ has a special going right now at some really nice prices.

http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm

If your not sure on a box type just ask someone to design one for you here on the forum but like was said you'll wanna pick the gear first them make a box accordingly.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

^^ You can do something like that, but in the mid 90s sables the back seats don't fold down so you'd have to remove them outright. If you wanna keep them then do sub(s)/port(s) facing towards the trunk, done it in a couple sable/taurus from that certain model. Saw a 15" AQ HD3 off 1500w do a 143.? @ dash with the seats still in place, when we took them out gained over a full db with the same setup.

15" AQ HDC3 off AQ 2200D would be a nice little daily setup, plus you'd have plenty left over for an extra batt, wiring, and for box materials. With a Yellow Top under hood and big 3 upgrade only, off 1500w daily a 94 Taurus(3.8l V6 model) had very minimal dimming.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

yeah i want to remove the back seat entirely i wanted to use a board on the bottom part of the seat to mount my amp and compasitor(sp?) to . maybe use some contact cement and a novilty fabric and dresss it up a little

Sell the capacitor, it's doing more harm to your electrical system than good. Use the money to do the big 3 upgrade and extra batt in back instead. The easiest way to apply carpeting/fabric to enclosures IMO is 3M Super 77, pretty cheap and extremely effective.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

ok so ditch the capacitor.... do carpeted enclosures look pretty good or is glassing the way to go?

big three upgrade is replacing these cables

1. Alt output to battery positive.

2. Battery negative to chassis.

3. Chassis to engine block.

Edited by merk_master

hopeful noob

Ok i need 2 things now can anyone point me in the direction of a amp that will push 1200 watts rms at the Ohm spec for those Aq subs? also can someone make me a box design ?

according to my calculations i could make a 15 cube net box would that be too large?

Edited by merk_master

hopeful noob

Ok i need 2 things now can anyone point me in the direction of a amp that will push 1200 watts rms at the Ohm spec for those Aq subs? also can someone make me a box design ?

Audioque has a GREAT amp called the AQ1200D, it puts out a little over 1200 and right now they're only $229!!!! Its stable down to 1 ohm and puts out clean power!! My buddy just ordered him one!!

Edited by davewms9605

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon: