02 Grand Am GT Peripheral wiring help

Car - 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Headunit - Clarion DXZ785USB

Harness - Peripheral GMCO Class 2 Harness

This deck was installed in this car before and was took out a few nights ago and when i went to re-install it today it all hooked up well. But, it wont turn off. its constantly on whether you open the door, take keys out, etc...

What could be causimg this??

Where could i get a wiring diagram for the peripheral harness??

Im stumped....

Derp.

Car - 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Headunit - Clarion DXZ785USB

Harness - Peripheral GMCO Class 2 Harness

This deck was installed in this car before and was took out a few nights ago and when i went to re-install it today it all hooked up well. But, it wont turn off. its constantly on whether you open the door, take keys out, etc...

What could be causimg this??

Where could i get a wiring diagram for the peripheral harness??

Im stumped....

Sounds like they hooked the deck up to a 12V constant.......it should be tapped into the ignition wire, or into a fuse that powers up when the car is on or in acc.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I've had bad experience with those Peripheral turn on modules. Entire time I was at BBY every other one would be broken. I always hated it when we only had one in stock because half the time I would do the install, then have to tell the people to come back next Thursday when I would have the replacement in stock.

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

Well thing is it was hooked up just a few days ago n now it wont turn off.

From the Peripheral harness to the Clarion harness the yellow goes to yellow n red goes to red correct? seems like a stupid question but i gotta ask.

And the solid blue wire from Peripheral harness goes to blue with white stripe wire on CLarion right?

Derp.

Well thing is it was hooked up just a few days ago n now it wont turn off.

From the Peripheral harness to the Clarion harness the yellow goes to yellow n red goes to red correct? seems like a stupid question but i gotta ask.

And the solid blue wire from Peripheral harness goes to blue with white stripe wire on CLarion right?

Yes. But those things are so fickle, I've unplugged one(Chrysler amplified) and when I plugged it back in the RCA's didn't work anymore......

EDIT: Also, some of those we would hook up with a relay on the switched (red wire) to prevent the circuit inside the box from burning up. Sounds like it may have gotten stuck on somehow..... Try using a meter and testing the switched wire. If its still showing 12v+ once the RAP has shut off, something is probably wrong with the module.

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

So....

Cheapest way would be to find another acc??

edit: So im gonna probably need a new harness if its still showing 12volts? or module?

Or could i find a diff acc like mentioned above?

Derp.

Yes. But those things are so fickle, I've unplugged one(Chrysler amplified) and when I plugged it back in the RCA's didn't work anymore......

EDIT: Also, some of those we would hook up with a relay on the switched (red wire) to prevent the circuit inside the box from burning up. Sounds like it may have gotten stuck on somehow..... Try using a meter and testing the switched wire. If its still showing 12v+ once the RAP has shut off, something is probably wrong with the module.

x2

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

now i realize that this harness is pretty much garbage cause now the deck wont even turn on. i tried deck in my s10 n it all worked perfect. the little acc rap light on the perhipheral module doesnt even turn on anymore yet the chimes still work.

if i were to splice into constant and switched power on factory harness before perhipheral harnesss would that work to get the deck power?

Derp.

cycle the ignition on and off like five times and see if that fixes it.... if not tap into the thick orange wire in the harness to the left of the radio(ignition harness, orange is accessory). Be sure to fuse it with like a 10amp.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived