Biggiest and baddest wire for going overkill.....

Hey everyone.I am curious as to what ya'll have used and what your results have been with certain companies when using really big wire.I noticed that Trystar (Tystar Industrial Battery Cables) and Welding Supply (:pA" target="_blank">Welding Supply Welding Cable) both offer all the way up to 4/0 sized wire.Has anyone used these and what have been your experiences with them?Also, Stinger offers their XPERT 3/0 wire, but it is oval shaped, requiring the need of an adapter, which means more opportunities for added resistance.

The only thing is that I work at a shop where I get Stinger wire for dealer cost.All the amps and internal battery wiring will be done with Stinger, but I am mainly looking for which wire to use for runs of wire to the back batteries and the Big 3 upgrade.Thanks for any feedback or input.It is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought mine locally from Harris gas supply for roughly 4$ a foot

-Drew

Are the individual wires inside a lot bigger than normal car audio wire like 1/0 where there is maybe ~3500 strands of tiny tiny wire?

If it was me id run muli strands of 1/0 if i could get them at dealer cost

My only concern there is that to get the equivalent of 4/0, I'd have to run like 4 strands of 1/0, and at the connectors and terminals and what not it would be a lot easier to just have one big lug with the 4/0 than like (4) 1/0 lugs.The welding wire also has a really high heat resistance for under the hood, the Trystar is even double insulated.I can't have it all I guess :sad:

Archived