Biggiest and baddest wire for going overkill.....

Posted Image

There, now you can't lose what wire is what. Save this, its a good comparison. Something I've never understood, why is car audio wire silver and welding wire copper colored. Does car audio wire have some kind of platinum in there. Never looked into it before.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

copper clad aluminum.

Nope. All that car audio wire is oxygen free copper. No aluminum, I researched it a little since it bothered me, its silver tinned and is supposed to prevents corrosion/oxidation and absorbes more solder more evenly.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

2/0 ... look in the picture i posted there is 2/0 welding wire next to the knu. Also the welding wire pictured is from tystar.

Well I know they are about the same size, but I mean performance wise.I would guess that welding wire that is equivalent to car audio wire size-wise would be better performance wise because they have equal cross sectional area however lower resistance because of less strands of wire.Correct?

Nope. All that car audio wire is oxygen free copper. No aluminum, I researched it a little since it bothered me, its silver tinned and is supposed to prevents corrosion/oxidation and absorbs more solder more evenly.

That is bothering me too. When you say silver tinned do you mean tinned in pure silver? Wouldn't anything other than pure silver lower the wire's conductivity? Seems to me like a pure copper wire would be the best option.

That is bothering me too. When you say silver tinned do you mean tinned in pure silver? Wouldn't anything other than pure silver lower the wire's conductivity? Seems to me like a pure copper wire would be the best option.

Knu K Fleks is "Pure Oxygen Free Copper" as in ... 99.99%pure copper with 0.0005% oxygen content.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Knu K Fleks is "Pure Oxygen Free Copper" as in ... 99.99%pure copper with 0.0005% oxygen content.

Right, but it is also tinned with something that isn't pure copper. If what it's tinned in isn't the only thing more conductive than copper, pure silver, then it would end up being less conductive than a wire that was never tinned. That's at least how I understand it so it would be good if someone could confirm or deny this. It seems to me that the best possible wire is just pure copper with the biggest diameter and least strands.

But according to wiki it doesnt matter because there is only a 1% difference in conductivity between the 3 grades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen-free_copper

From what I read.. tinned process is to add tinsel strength. Conductivity drops but idk exactly how much.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Right, but it is also tinned with something that isn't pure copper. If what it's tinned in isn't the only thing more conductive than copper, pure silver, then it would end up being less conductive than a wire that was never tinned. That's at least how I understand it so it would be good if someone could confirm or deny this. It seems to me that the best possible wire is just pure copper with the biggest diameter and least strands.

Thats what I was thinking.Its the only thing that really makes sense.

Archived