DC Sound Lab

How much can a Level 3 take?

it should be fine at 850 rms, im running my 1 15 off 1300 rms (gains over half) daily so it shouldnt hurt it at all,

wtf thats supposed to mean?

i had a t4k on my level 3 10s and they were fine but gain was almost none existant. anyhow these are another sub i feel in the right box they shouldnt ever need over 700-800max rms on them 600 each that the are rated for they are fine, wow is it the time of everyone wanting over rms on everything. Why not buy subs that match your amps rather then buy amps and then try to make the sub work?

lol louder the better. well see i had a hifonics bxi610 but that went to shit on me so i bought a sundown 1 can and got it clamped and it was putting out 1300, im not over powering by that much :acute:

1998 4dr blazer

Alpine CDA 9884 head unit

DC lvl 3 15"

3.7 CU FT box (without displacement) tuned to 36.9

1/0 welding cable

Sundown Sae-1000D at 1 ohm

Kicker 4x6 mids and highs in dash

Hifonics Zeus 6.5 mids and highs in front doors

it should be fine at 850 rms, im running my 1 15 off 1300 rms (gains over half) daily so it shouldnt hurt it at all,

you would burn that sub up with 1300 rms daily unless you have a lvl 4 coil.

so no you don't have 1300 rms to it.

EDIT: unless you have a PERFECT box for it and a CLEAN signal.

Edited by brewer_brewer

thats its runnning, it smokes up and gets stinky as shit after about 7 minutes of straight playing all the was up. it aint a perfect box theres no such thing and its a decent signal. idk how it hasnt burned up truthfully. i had my friend johnny order it for me so he might has had rusty the the lvl 4 coils in it but im not the only1 running 1300 to a lvl 3, theres another kid in town here with same sub but he has the hifonics BXI1210 and thats cranking out around 1200

1998 4dr blazer

DC lvl 3 15"

1/0 welding cable

wtf thats supposed to mean?

i had a t4k on my level 3 10s and they were fine but gain was almost none existant. anyhow these are another sub i feel in the right box they shouldnt ever need over 700-800max rms on them 600 each that the are rated for they are fine, wow is it the time of everyone wanting over rms on everything. Why not buy subs that match your amps rather then buy amps and then try to make the sub work?

i always laugh when people talk about how far their gain is turned :lol:

thats its runnning, it smokes up and gets stinky as shit after about 7 minutes of straight playing all the was up. it aint a perfect box theres no such thing and its a decent signal. idk how it hasnt burned up truthfully. i had my friend johnny order it for me so he might has had rusty the the lvl 4 coils in it but im not the only1 running 1300 to a lvl 3, theres another kid in town here with same sub but he has the hifonics BXI1210 and thats cranking out around 1200

imo yes there is a perfect box. may be somewhat opinionated as to what you like, but mechanics do come into play as well. and that amp isnt putting out 1200 watts. close, but not 1200

well if you think about it, your always gunna have some air leaks no matter what you do. unless you use like 4 tubes of caulk and smear it all over but no one will do that because it looks shitty. Dc makes some beastly subs no question about it though. people say o that cant handle it well a lvl 3 getting 1300 (been clamped) shows it and so did bass14's lvl 5 18 getting 6k daily. all the subs dc makes they under rate them so people dont go insane with running mass amounts of power to them. o well people do it anyways

1998 4dr blazer

DC lvl 3 15"

1/0 welding cable

well if you think about it, your always gunna have some air leaks no matter what you do. unless you use like 4 tubes of caulk and smear it all over but no one will do that because it looks shitty. Dc makes some beastly subs no question about it though. people say o that cant handle it well a lvl 3 getting 1300 (been clamped) shows it and so did bass14's lvl 5 18 getting 6k daily. all the subs dc makes they under rate them so people dont go insane with running mass amounts of power to them. o well people do it anyways

i never use even a drop of caulk and NEVER have air leaks, sounds like someone needs to learn how to cut wood lol

lmao i can cut straight its just there will always be airleaks with wood, you may not even notice then but there is. lol i just use a little caulk to re-ensure there arnt any leaks. anyone know how to do a window? since on my next build when i get to it i wanna do one.

1998 4dr blazer

DC lvl 3 15"

1/0 welding cable