Sonic Electronix

Change of plans!!

Just ordered 2 Sundown Z15's and plan to put them in a ported box tuned to 34hz. More cone area FTW!!!

Also, I'm looking for someone in the Northern Kentucky area that would be willing to build the enclosure, install and tune this setup if I end up getting it. All of the wires are ran for the sub amp, but I would need a start to finish install of a kicker 4channel and component speakers in front doors. If anyone can do this, please PM me so we can discuss specifics.

Thank you.

Current

'09 mazda3 4dr

clarion hu

2x 10 fi X subs(looking to upgrade)

amp(looking)

Alpine type-r comps in front

type-r coaxials in rear

i think it will i dont see why it wouldnt

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

With your measurements, I got 6.22ft3 net of air space after wood displacement assuming its .75".

Going to be a tight fit, but should be possible. Nightshade 18" would be happy in 4ft3 net, so depending on how much port you run should be around that number.

As long as you dont use that 17" measurement as one of the sides of the panel that holding the subwoofer, (because of course its too short lol) should be ok.

With your measurements, I got 6.22ft3 net of air space after wood displacement assuming its .75".

Going to be a tight fit, but should be possible. Nightshade 18" would be happy in 4ft3 net, so depending on how much port you run should be around that number.

As long as you dont use that 17" measurement as one of the sides of the panel that holding the subwoofer, (because of course its too short lol) should be ok.

What if I were to angle the front baffle a little so the the final height was 17", but the front panel was 18-18.5"? I know doing that, if it can be done, would cut down my air space, but that's the only idea I can come up with lol.

Current

'09 mazda3 4dr

clarion hu

amp(looking)

type-r coaxials in rear

Just go sub up, port to rear if u can... Usually is the standard in doing 18s in a trunk car, but u can angle the front baffle to mount it and it will work fine.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Change of plans!!

Just ordered 2 Sundown Z15's and plan to put them in a ported box tuned to 34hz. More cone area FTW!!!

Also, I'm looking for someone in the Northern Kentucky area that would be willing to build the enclosure, install and tune this setup if I end up getting it. All of the wires are ran for the sub amp, but I would need a start to finish install of a kicker 4channel and component speakers in front doors. If anyone can do this, please PM me so we can discuss specifics.

Thank you.

Anyone?

Current

'09 mazda3 4dr

clarion hu

amp(looking)

type-r coaxials in rear

Why not try to build the box yourself. There are plenty of people here that can help you with box design and port dimensions, etc.

I would but I don't have any of the required tools necessary to build a GOOD box, and also don't have the hundreds of dollars it will require to purchase said tools.

As far as the components are concerned, I tried installing them when I ran the wires for the sub and installed my HU, but there was no way to get the wires through the existing boot without drilling into the door or repinning a connector. Both of those options would be better suited to someone with more install experience IMO. Plus, me seeing someone that knows what they're doing will give me the knowledge to handle future installs myself.

I hope that makes sense. lol

Current

'09 mazda3 4dr

clarion hu

amp(looking)

type-r coaxials in rear

Archived