what size power supply for.....

i have a desktop i built a few yrs ago, i was thinking of setting up a little server at the house, and if i do that, i might just take out like 4 of the 1TB drives of my i7 pc i just built and use them in this box for the server. i wanna set up an FTP server. i also wanna set up server 2003 and having roaming profiles and things like that just to do it lol

but anyways its a 500w rosewill psu in my old desktop and the hardware i currently have in it is:

4x 1GB ddr2

8600GT

amd athlon 64 x2

180gb hdd

few fans

u think the 500w psu will be good for 4 1TB drives running 24x7? (cavier black wester digital)

Definition of an overkill bro.

It totally depends on how many amps that psu has... I don't find rosewill to be a reliable or premier brand.

The power supply will most likely do the job. But if you are looking for reliability or uptime invest into an pc and power cooling, seasonic, antec, corsair, etc...

777319156.png

4x 1GB ddr2

8600GT

amd athlon 64 x2

180gb hdd

few fans

u think the 500w psu will be good for 4 1TB drives running 24x7? (cavier black wester digital)

The short answer is yes, that PSU will run those things, but not well. I'd say you should look for a PSU with ~600W and 16A or more on each of the +12V rails...look at some PSUs on Newegg.com and check the specs. I recommend something by Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, Enermax, OCZ, Silverstone, Corsair, Antec, or Mushkin.

Edited by S15_Silvia

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread