Well, I finally did it, mainly because I had the help that was needed in order to do it.. But...

I took my box out the trunk, i mounted the amp onto the backside and instead of putting subs back into the trunk, subs facing into cab, i put the subs facing into the trunk... I know i should have done it a long time ago, i did it with my old system.

but this really gets these things knockin hard!!

The awesome thing is, the Hifonics Brutus amp lights up and the amp is the only thing you see when you look to the back seats (which are down) and it lights up the whole cabin. It looks awesome!!

I'll be getting some pictures up pretty soon!! I managed to find my old left over carpet from the box build, so i'll be using that to help hide all the wiring.

Cant wait to show the pictures!

06 SCION tC

heck ya! lol

My trunk about to fall off.. lol

But yea, i knew it would do it, i really dont know the true reason i had them facin that way, i think i just wanted to try it then just left it for a while.. lol.. i couldnt take it out myself either so.. lol..

Its got extra THUMP to it!

06 SCION tC

is it louder than my dakota? (not sounding cocky or anything just wondering)

Edited by Chode69
NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

heck ya! lol

My trunk about to fall off.. lol

But yea, i knew it would do it, i really dont know the true reason i had them facin that way, i think i just wanted to try it then just left it for a while.. lol.. i couldnt take it out myself either so.. lol..

Its got extra THUMP to it!

Yeah I turned mine forward for a while and it was a bitch to do but after like 3 days I said fuck it I'm changing it back and after that I'm not messing with it. Facing forward just sucks if its not sealed I guess...but honestly I bet you were like wow when you heard how much more boom it gained.

Edited by 07mazda3s

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Good move man. Im sure it kicks alot harder.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

is it louder than my dakota? (not sounding cocky or anything just wondering)

Nick, come on, i still dont feel like my balls about to fall off.. lol

Its pretty loud tho, not as loud as your setup cuz im sure if i properly tuned a box i think i could have a chance at it hittin close to your dakota giving the fact that your truck is better setup for subs than my ca is.

But honestly, it does have more kick to it and it sounds lot better!! at about volume 5 i think it tops my old system. lol..

Pretty much i was surprised how much louder it sounds with the box facing that way, cuz im so used to it facing in the cab... for like 2 months now.. lol.. so i never really hear it this direction.

Much BETTER!

06 SCION tC

Nick, come on, i still dont feel like my balls about to fall off.. lol

Its pretty loud tho, not as loud as your setup cuz im sure if i properly tuned a box i think i could have a chance at it hittin close to your dakota giving the fact that your truck is better setup for subs than my ca is.

But honestly, it does have more kick to it and it sounds lot better!! at about volume 5 i think it tops my old system. lol..

Pretty much i was surprised how much louder it sounds with the box facing that way, cuz im so used to it facing in the cab... for like 2 months now.. lol.. so i never really hear it this direction.

Much BETTER!

Facing back FTMFW!

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz