Second Skin Audio

can spectrum be used over damplifier pro?

well can it? or vice versa?... i was wanting to use both in the accord...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

yes, it can go over the mat. however spectrum is an underbody coat. you cant put anything on top of it but itll stick fine to the mat. i used it in my doors.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yes, you can put Spectrum over Damplifier. But not the other way around.

Spectrum over Damplifier is actually the best method for deadening.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Spectrum and Damplifier are both vibration dampers.

You can use one on top of the other but here is the skinny.

Spectrum is water based.

Like all water based coatings it takes 30 full days to cure.

If you apply Damplifier Pro on top of it, you need to wait 30 days before doing so. If you don't, you run the risk of trapping water in the Spectrum before it fully cures. This might promote rust.

Applying Spectrum on top of Damplifier is fine. It will help strengthen the foil and increase the damping results, but remember, Damplifier and Damplifier Pro are good enough the way they are. There is not really a need to apply Spectrum on top of Damplifier. After all, they are both vibration dampers.

Instead, use Spectrum independantly from Damplifier.

Damplifier in side the car, under the carpet and behind the upholstery.

Spectrum as an undercoaign on the underside f the car to sandwich teh sheet metal OR inside the car in all the tough to reach areas that Damplifier can't get applied to.

If you want to put something on top of Damplifier or Damplifier Pro, it should be our noise barrier, Luxury Liner Pro. This will block the transmission of airborne noise and will do a TON more damage than the Spectrum on top of Damplifier.

Hope that helps!

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Spectrum and Damplifier are both vibration dampers.

You can use one on top of the other but here is the skinny.

Spectrum is water based.

Like all water based coatings it takes 30 full days to cure.

If you apply Damplifier Pro on top of it, you need to wait 30 days before doing so. If you don't, you run the risk of trapping water in the Spectrum before it fully cures. This might promote rust.

Applying Spectrum on top of Damplifier is fine. It will help strengthen the foil and increase the damping results, but remember, Damplifier and Damplifier Pro are good enough the way they are. There is not really a need to apply Spectrum on top of Damplifier. After all, they are both vibration dampers.

Instead, use Spectrum independantly from Damplifier.

Damplifier in side the car, under the carpet and behind the upholstery.

Spectrum as an undercoaign on the underside f the car to sandwich teh sheet metal OR inside the car in all the tough to reach areas that Damplifier can't get applied to.

If you want to put something on top of Damplifier or Damplifier Pro, it should be our noise barrier, Luxury Liner Pro. This will block the transmission of airborne noise and will do a TON more damage than the Spectrum on top of Damplifier.

Hope that helps!

ANT

well the system im going to be building is going to be a very loud SQ system.... so im looking to damn near rid all vibrations.... my thought was to go a little extra hard core and use both....

this build is going to take me prob 2 years to finish.... ill be sea bound in the navy soon and well time will be a limiting factor..

the under neath of the car is going to be sprayed with vortex liner.... i can get this done very cheap and was going to take advantage of it...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(