Sonic Electronix

1st system, a few questions

Okay so first i hope im in the right place for this. I have been planning on putting a system in my Tahoe for about a year and have done huge amounts of research on what i want and just car audio in general. I found the site through meade's videos on youtube and have lurked around for alittle while, and im hoping yall can help with a couple questions. So first off ive got a 2007 Tahoe, everything stock, and I really want to improve the audio. I think ive got everything figured out but the sub/amp. Originally i wanted Alpine Type R's, then JL W6's, than a W7, now i want a Fi BL 15", with a AudioQue 1200d to power it. I'm wondering how that sounds to yall and if it will bump pretty good for a first system, im comparing it to friends with Memphis Mojos and a 13.5 W7's and would like to be equal or better than them. Does the hoe need any charging system upgrades or will it be all good running 1200 watts? Thank yall for looking and for an opinion.

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Damn, that makes my first system seem like a set of crappy by-nines.

If you go for a BTL I would go for a bigger amp as well. IDK about how much bigger though, maybe an AQ2200d? Depending on your alt you may be able to get away with the stocker but I would say big 3, good front battery and big back battery for that gig. I'm sure someone else with experience will chime in though.

Too many projects, too little time...

Yeah, $700 seems like too much to do it all, Ill just stick with the BL, and about the first system, yeah I was planning on some Type R's but I have some buddies with Mojo's and W7's so i gotta atleast keep up with them you know? Do you think I WILL be able to keep up with 1200 on a BL ? Or maybe should i go with a bigger amp like a Rockford fosgate t1500-1bd? Or would i need to start upgrading the Alt and Bat with an amp like that too?

Thank yall for the help so far.

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Archived