Question about Crown XLS series amps

I want your guys jobs

Car stereo got boring, and got in to home audio, but Pro seems to be legit, and good business

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I want your guys jobs

Car stereo got boring, and got in to home audio, but Pro seems to be legit, and good business

It gets old fast. You don't sleep, you injure yourself, you fend off hookers from the monitors guy etc etc

I'm glad I rock a day job for most of the time.

If you want to get into it, find a function happening somewhere near you and say you want to help out the FOH guy or Radios. It's a good foot in the door, and a hoot to do a show.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

for the past 2-3 years I have been doing appliance repair, now I work as a comercial appliance technician, servicing $20k ovens, $8k fryers, $4k microwaves, its not bad, and the side gig, speakers, but I don't know about the appliances any more, just waiting for my 4,000v shock from a capacitor to wake me up, and get me moving on something else

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Pro audio really has always intrigued me...just looking at such high-end stuff makes me salivate. I don't know if I could ever get into it though, at least not now. (not nearly enough cash) Rocking some pro subs at home would definitely be where I'd start though.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I only got to see the Danley, wish I could tell you how it sounds but alas I have not heard the unit myself.

And yes, the McCauley is massive. I can't think of anyone who would want to lift that thing.

As for IBO;

They design and build their own drivers in house. They seem to be of decent quality. Again, no VDOSC or CQ-1, but they do hold their own. I was quite suprised that I could get a flat +/-2dB response from 120Hz to 17KHz with a W-6F.

Though the amps are heavy. Trade-off I suppose.

In regards to power, it will be;

3 MX3600

3 MX2400

4 EONS

1 Lewis Legro Series 4500

01V96V2

Drive rack and processing

Band Power

All off 96 Amperes......yup....

Cheers,

Mick

sounds like its going to be fun... haha

I use the software SpecLab with just a generic DBX RTA mic that comes with the Driverack 240. It does the trick once you use a FIR filter to allow for your PC RTA'ing itself...no soundcard is perfect, though I find DigiDesign products are very good for it.

DBX RTA mic -> DigiDesign little box of computerised inputy-outputy - SpecLab

I used to use the Behringer to be honest, it did the trick quite nicely.

But then it burst into flame.

We no use it no more.

Cheers,

Mick

you like the software stuff? we've used a klark tech RTA mic forever, and that thing is pretty damn accurate. used to have a klark tech RTA unit too, but something happened to it and it doesnt power on now, so we use the driverack 480 now.

I want your guys jobs

i love it, new bands, new people, and new girls every show

but VVV

It gets old fast. You don't sleep, you injure yourself, you fend off hookers from the monitors guy etc etc

I'm glad I rock a day job for most of the time.

If you want to get into it, find a function happening somewhere near you and say you want to help out the FOH guy or Radios. It's a good foot in the door, and a hoot to do a show.

Cheers,

Mick

x2 it can get old, sleep, whats that? lol, and injuries are likely to happen every weekend, especially something in your back. but i cant say ive ever had the hookers experience lol

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

• 3 weeks later...

What does everyone think of this older Yamaha (PD2500)

Yamaha PD2500

wait a minute...says it needs a 220v input...

My feedback thread

All right, I just bought a QSC RMX 850 for $170...not bad I don't think, and will put out roughly 860W into 4ohms bridged, which will definitely work for my sub (in sig) while I have it out of a car.

EDIT: It's got XLR inputs, which I can buy an adapter for to run my RCAs to them. My question is, since I'll be running it mono, should I only get one adapter to put on the Channel 1 input?

RMX2450_bk_lrg.jpg

My feedback thread

if your receiver has a sub output, then yes one is all you need. when it's bridged it uses the channel one input

All right, yeah I learned how to set it for paralleled inputs in mono bridged mode...luckily I could download the manual from QSC. I won't be running it off a receiver though...I'm going to have an iPod running through a crossover with L+R RCA outputs, so would a 2-to-1 RCA adapter work for this?

This is what I had in mind: knukonceptz RCA

My feedback thread

Here's the amp...

P1010803.jpg

I tested it out today, running an iPod into one of the 1/4" inputs and some 12ga wire to a random JBL coaxial I had lying around. I don't know what it is, but the sound was pretty terrible. Channel 1, channel 2, and bridged. Stereo and mono. Clipping limiter on and off. 50Hz HPF and 30Hz LPF tried. I don't know if it's the amp doing this, but I'm really hoping it's the iPod/wire/speaker's fault. Anyone got ideas?

My feedback thread

Archived