Second Skin Audio

Audioques *NEW* revision of the HDC3's are now up on AQ's site...

newls1

Which amps do you have strapped? How many subs in the box. About the only time I see this is when the box design causes uneven loading on the subs. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will pass it on to Jassa

will do.

lol u mad?

throw some ca glue on it

I dont know if mad is the word, but a tad upset from a company I been with for so long and had great service with through out the years.

Too late now, besides the rip is on the lower spiders, the side inside the basket. It caused uneven rubbing on the gap, sent it out to DD only to be told it was fine, get it back only to continually play it, and have a coil go out the next day.

You wanna see something really funny?

1 sub has 3 2layer spiders, while the other has 4 2layer spiders... Who was smoking what I wonder.?? LOL

089e.jpg

090d.jpg

086w.jpg

will do.

I dont know if mad is the word, but a tad upset from a company I been with for so long and had great service with through out the years.

Too late now, besides the rip is on the lower spiders, the side inside the basket. It caused uneven rubbing on the gap, sent it out to DD only to be told it was fine, get it back only to continually play it, and have a coil go out the next day.

You wanna see something really funny?

1 sub has 3 2layer spiders, while the other has 4 2layer spiders... Who was smoking what I wonder.?? LOL

089e.jpg

090d.jpg

086w.jpg

The 3-2layer spider is the standard suspension, the 4-2 layer suspension is the "stiff" suspension. The sub or recone can be ordered either way.

How much power did you have on them and what tuning. This failure mode is most often seen as a result of over excursion from too much power and playing below box tuning.

The 3-2layer spider is the standard suspension, the 4-2 layer suspension is the "stiff" suspension. The sub or recone can be ordered either way.

How much power did you have on them and what tuning. This failure mode is most often seen as a result of over excursion from too much power and playing below box tuning.

well why would they build the subs 2 different ways is what i dont get....

The subs barly moved to say the least. box tuning was ruffly 29hz, with a subsonic at 30hz (pete said to set subsonic at 28 to be safe, so I went extra safe). the lowest song I ever played was The Dream - I love your girl, and thats at 32hz.

You got your email tho! :)

I wish they still made HD3s.. I did almost everything possible to blow my 15(including doing 4k bassrace runs and 8k burps, multiple times each) and never blew it.

It's now in a friends setup running 3k to it with no issues still, personally is my favorite single 15 setup I've ever run.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I cant wait until I get my AQ 15's with 2 extra spiders added. I E-mailed Dj today about the spiders. I have never experienced better customer service than Dj offers period the best.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

I wish they still made HD3s.. I did almost everything possible to blow my 15(including doing 4k bassrace runs and 8k burps, multiple times each) and never blew it.

It's now in a friends setup running 3k to it with no issues still, personally is my favorite single 15 setup I've ever run.

I compete against a bunch of guys that offered me to join their team. Think its DOA or something, they all run AQ subs and some run DD sub with AQ amps, but theres a few of them putting 4krms per hd3 18s (the older ones) and they seem to take it like a champ. Pretty imprsive for a cheap sub handling that kinda power daily!!

^^ Well the older HD3s were more expensive than the currect HDC3s are now, but IMO were more than worth it. They were basically DD 9500 w/o a certain cooling components the 9500s had.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

^^ Well the older HD3s were more expensive than the currect HDC3s are now, but IMO were more than worth it. They were basically DD 9500 w/o a certain cooling components the 9500s had.

No, they are cheaper ones, Im referring to the $249models ( I mean old because they where just revised). :)

Archived