baggedon4s Posted October 20, 2009 Report Posted October 20, 2009 Trying to get my mids and highs down. Imaging isnt that big of a deal to me, as long as I can get clean, clear, loud sound, with out gaps in it. I love mid bass that you can feel, and really rounds out a system What I have in mind is 4 of the 8s and 4 of the 6.5s in each of the front doors, and the same in the back doors (if they fit, if not 3 of each) http://www.audiopipe.com/images/catalog/46.jpg can you get any real mid bass out of these? I know they get loud and clear or would I be better off running 8 of these in each door http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/L6590/detail.asp 99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.
Mtgrooves Posted October 20, 2009 Report Posted October 20, 2009 I would rock the power bass if it were me those things jam The Shoe Maker without shoes!
LordArcane Posted October 20, 2009 Report Posted October 20, 2009 olny problem i see in 2nd link is freq range is said to be 5khz-25khz? from my understanding isn't mid bass 100-400hz about or right around that? 5000hz-25000hz seems really high for it to be a mid bass speaker, might be typo or something but
baggedon4s Posted October 20, 2009 Author Report Posted October 20, 2009 olny problem i see in 2nd link is freq range is said to be 5khz-25khz? from my understanding isn't mid bass 100-400hz about or right around that? 5000hz-25000hz seems really high for it to be a mid bass speaker, might be typo or something but powerbass Power Handling Capacity (Peak) : 150W • Power Handling Capacity (RMS) : 75W • Nominal Impedancel : 4 ohm • Frequency Response : 100Hz - 10kHz • Sensitivity : 90 dB/W/M • Magnet Size: 28 oz • Mounting Depth : 2.5" mus of been a typo 99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.
X2.H10.V4 Posted October 20, 2009 Report Posted October 20, 2009 When running a "Pro Audio" type driver you are going to need to run at least an 8". All of the 6.5's will only play down to 80-150Hz. So you would have to run a dedicated midbass to fill the gap. Personally I am not a huge fan of the AudioPipes, I would perfer less drivers and run the real deal (Beyma). If you want to run the PowerBass, run the 4XL-65-92 series and not the L-65-90. I would suggest looking into B&C, and running something like a single 10NW64.
baggedon4s Posted October 24, 2009 Author Report Posted October 24, 2009 When running a "Pro Audio" type driver you are going to need to run at least an 8". All of the 6.5's will only play down to 80-150Hz. So you would have to run a dedicated midbass to fill the gap. Personally I am not a huge fan of the AudioPipes, I would perfer less drivers and run the real deal (Beyma). If you want to run the PowerBass, run the 4XL-65-92 series and not the L-65-90. I would suggest looking into B&C, and running something like a single 10NW64. I need 4 of each in the doors, like 4 8's and 4'6.5 in each door. I dont want to run just 1. this is for looks and sound. 99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.
Neel Posted October 24, 2009 Report Posted October 24, 2009 what kind of enclosure? You could buy the biggest baddest mid bass driver and it would still sound like ass in the wrong enclosure. Too Much Stuff to list .
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.