Give me 60 seconds to explain Bass Boosts/Clipping

he said if you set your gain good you turing up the bass knob wont affect it because it actually kinda lowers the gain? so it doesnt clip

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

it should always be at 15/15

I've been biting my lip worrying about what to have the sub level at on my alpine. If you have it at 0, you get barely anything, but when I put it at 15/15, I feel like I'm gonna regret it, but yet, never any vc smell. Should I be tuning my gains with the sub level at 15/15? makes more sense.

2000 Blazer 4dr

-24" Boss 330s

-Lowered 2/3

-5000k Hids w Projector Retro

-Candy tails

-LED interior lighting

-20% tint 35% windshield

-Alpine 9886 HU

-RF P1462 Dash

-RF P1652 Front

-RF P1652 Rear

-Two 18" Fi BTLs

-MB Quart Onyx 4.80

-Two Audioque AQ2200Ds

-Xs Powerr D5100, 2 Powersafe G31s

-Knukoncepts 1/0 wire

-Mechman 270 Alt w Boost Module

-10.4 Net @ 28hz 140sq.inch of port

My Youtube Channel!!

let me repeat myself again

remote gain knob = changes all frequencies by lower/raising input sensitivity

remote bass boost knob = only changes some frequencies, this should not be used period... i would never use any knob that lets you pick ur frequency

THAT IS WHAT I DO TO MY MUSIC, boost it... but i can always see the waveform and know when to stop, u guys cannot with a remote bass boost knob

alpines need 15/15 to get full voltage

lastly not all bass knobs are the same... the only bass knob i would ever use is one with a clipping indicator that alters the entire frequency range thru input sensitivity changes

my version of Atlanta Zoo is clean, thats another problem... so many versions of the same song go out on mixtapes that u are bound to find clean and dirty copies... so click link in sig to get the cleanest/loudest music, look in the properties of the file and 99% of the time u will see which mixtape it came from, it might not be as loud as mine, but it will be the cleanest that i know of

rf, hifonics, kicker.... they all use a bass boost centered at 45hz or u can pick, either way it is not ideal, and when ive installed any amps besides DD, AQ, and high end hifonics i do not install the knob, u cannot compensate for a quiet song by turnin up a magic knob

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

This is an awesome reading, i actually didn´t know that turning up the Alpine bass to 15/15 would sound better, i bought a 9886 just some weeks ago and haven´t played with it much, i set everything at 0 instead of 15, i´ll try this today :yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

okay so just to get this straight... putting the bass boost on my bass knob (rockford amp) all the up to +18 wont clip if i set the gain with the knob not plugged in?? what about the frequency boost? do i leave that at zero? what do i set it too lol im scared of clipping

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

bump need to verify what i said is correct lol

1j1450.png

Archived