Second Skin Audio

First Box Build

Amalan

how is that twice as powerful?

um cause theyre rated at an 8ohm resistance so if i wired the logitechs down to 4ohm it would require around a 700watt amp vs the 400 watt amp that the visoniks will require. but yeah i guess if you kept the stock amp then its not twice the power but the sub itself is more powerful.

anyway i decided to get crackin at this box. i bought a roll of carbon fiber 2 vinyl off ebay should be here by next week but i have to individually wrap the peices because its not wide enough to get the entire box in one shot but this stuff is amazing its sooo much more real looking than the crappy pep boys shit.

i couldnt afford to get a router so i was kind of in a pickle cause i was about to start cutting the circles for the subs and port out with a jigsaw which i highly doubt would have turned out that well, but lucky for me they had a rotozip on clearance at lowes. ive never used one of these things before but they do get the job done. i bought the circle cutter attachment and i was set. i think it turned out pretty well at least better than if i had cut the circles out with a jigsaw. this rotozip isnt as fast as a router but cheaper and still cuts nice circles so i am happy with it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

spray painted the inside of the box

Posted Image

Posted Image

k so i worked on it a bit more. i got the window cut out for the plexi and added on a window trim to make it pop out more. i wasnt really sure where to place the leds but i decided to put them on the plexi itself cause it seems like that where it would be the most visible. anyway ill shut up here are some pics

carbon fiber 2 vinyl

Posted Image

plexi window frame

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

eh ugly but no one will see it so it doesnt really bother me

window frame with plexi and led controller

Posted Image

Posted Image

cut that logo out with a ruler and nothing else and it turned out awesome imo

few more things to do and it should be done by this weekend im excited its turning out better than i expected

tell me what you guys think? and any comments or suggestions on what to do im a total noob at this shit so this first box build is kinda exciting.

Archived