Second Skin Audio

First Box Build

Amalan

alright so im gonna start building my first box for a friend who only has 300 to spend on audio system. he is a total ricer and wants to get a shitty system that just looks really cool soooo im gonna try my best.

he just got a 2007 gallant ralliart and wants me to do a cheapo sub system and a 300 dollar led multi color underbody kit from street glow :blink: cough ricer cough well anyway hes a huge ricer so i need to make a RICED OUT box which at least some class to give it some dignity

this is what im thinking so tell me what i would encounter doing this.

he wants 2 10in visonik subs with a 400 watts a 2 ohm mono amp so i was thinking making a box with 2 10s for the front of the box and in between them put a 4 1/2 in port by 11in and right above that put an led meter that they sell at hobby lobby

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stereo-Audio-Amp-VU-Me...VQQcmdZViewItem

so the front of the box when you open up the trunk will look like this

Posted Image

then for the back i recieved a free sheet of plexi glass which isnt big enough to make the back of the box but he has a ski port in the back of his armrest so i was thinking i cut out of the wood a size thats just as big as the ski port and place the sheet of plexi glass inside the box to make sort of a window so i would have about 2inches of lip around the plexi glass to glue down to the box to make it not flex. then on the inside of the back of the box place 2 antec illuminate mini mutlicolor led lights to pulsate with the music and youll be able to see the back of the subs which are chrome so it will reflect the light pretty nicely. the only problem is antec mini lights are usb powered so i went to walmart and picked up a make your own cigarette lighter for 3 dollars and a cigarette adapter usb port thing for 4 dollars and im hoping that will do the job.

this is what the back im assuming will look like

Posted Image

then the box will be wrapped in a carbon fiber vinyl and the sides of the box will be spray painted glossy black to match the color of the car

here are some pics of the pretty cool car that will sadly be riced out

Posted Image

Posted Image

tell me what you guys think and suggestions on the box or what to do.

EDIT: UPDATE 5/1/07

so project rice is a go

we got wood...

Posted Image

Looks like a good design. That car is fucking nice to. Keep us up to date. Lol and if your freind is such a Ricer why did he buy that car??? not rice material.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

if he doesnt care how it sounds, just build a sealed enclosure out of fiberglass and make it look real nice.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Make sure to get the money from him before you start ANYTHING. I've been in situations like this many times & chances are if he just bought a car like that & only has $300 to work with, he probably doesn't even have the $300.

Just a heads up!

Ricers will say oh yeah "You know I'm good for it" then a week later when you got it all done, they spent all their money for the next 6 months on a solder-on tailpipe & racing harnesses but still want what you have.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

nah hes good for it his rents are loaded but he said hell give me the money to make the box this week and i probably wont have time to even buy the material till next weekend but yeah i do it on a you pay me first and ill buy the crap and make/install it for you. and im good for it plus he goes to school with me so its not like im gonna bail with his dough so i can buy some visoniks for myself...

nah hes good for it his rents are loaded but he said hell give me the money to make the box this week and i probably wont have time to even buy the material till next weekend but yeah i do it on a you pay me first and ill buy the crap and make/install it for you. and im good for it plus he goes to school with me so its not like im gonna bail with his dough so i can buy some visoniks for myself...

good joke!

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

hahahaha you know what you should do. Tape is initial reaction when he first listens to it. Hahahahah i will laugh so hard if he think that shit bangs lol.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)