Second Skin Audio

First Box Build

Amalan

yeah its not by any means thick enough at all but it was free so i didnt want to argue lol but i tried to compensate by created the window theme and giving a 2in lip around the plexi to be glued down and sealed and to prevent vibration a little. im sure itll flex the plexi im just wondering how much im hoping its not enough to notice so we will see. i glued down the leds to the plexi too to sorta "weigh it down" which i know it wont but all the glue on the plexi glass itself will probably be enough to prevent alot of vibration...im hoping

almost done woo just need to do some finishing touches and add a decal to the front of the box and ill be in business

pics

Posted Image

ghetttoooo but thats how i wired the charger in lol

Posted Image

no one really sees the bottom so i thought id try to give it a textured look with mixing black and red

Posted Image

face of the box with the subs and grills in

Posted Image

top of the box

Posted Image

back of box, kinda dirty from the saw dust but i didnt feel like cleaning it up now just for a pic

Posted Image

inside view thru the plexiglass

i have a few finishing touches to make. im gonna carbon trim some of the side then put invisible packing tape all around the edges of the box so it protects the edges from scratches and keeps the vinyl from peeling off.

tell me what you guys think so far and any suggestions

awsome job on the box man. Im sure he is very happy wit that ricer box lol.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

if you use a good enough glue, you wont need tape. its ghettofied enough as it is.

im not taping up the box im taping the trims so the vinyl doesnt peel off on the edges where its most likely to get nicked and start to peel off. adding glue to a sticker wont do much... its not gonna be visible at all so its not going to affect the appearance of the box. i have a bit of this vinyl shit left so for the face im doing all the trims with carbon fiber so you wont see the individual peices of the box itll look like one piece in other words. and the only places i think is "ghetto" is the inside of the back of the box which no one can see at all so it doesnt bug me, the whole box is ricer tho but thats the theme

Archived