DC Sound Lab

I know these subs are awesome. I'm wanting to buy four of the 18s. The biggest reason I'm wanting to upgrade from my four 15s is that I'm not getting the lows that I want. Rusty says they're great speakers and I believe him. I just wanna hear from someone who has some of these. I just want the lows to be ridiculous but still be able to pick up higher bass notes as well.

Also, non DC related question: If I do get four of these 18s with 2000w per sub, would I need to run dual alternators or would one 275 amp alternator be good enough?

DC Xl 15s go low, they go very low infact. I think you need to look into the enclosure for your missing lows, not the product.

MDF is alot cheaper then new subs, and in most cases you will see bigger gains from mdf then subs. Thats just my thoughts.

Other then that i dont know what you know but i know people who know they know what they are doing. I have seen them with the most messed up Xover settings on their amps, or decks which have ruined the performance of a good sub. You know? lol

I do know. I have a few sheets of MDF lying around that I plan on building a new box with. My current box is tuned to 36hz, and I know that's gotta be part of my problem. I'm gonna build a new one tuned to ~28ish hz and see what they sound like. I'm hoping I'll be happy. I would still like to upgrade to something bigger and better at some point..no time soon. I might not get 18s. I started thinking earlier that 8-12 12"s would be pretty good. :P

Listen to A team he has one or two accomplishments under his belt :)

I've played around with a few XLs and have always loved the low register output :yahoo: Domo was doing 144s with a single 15 and he was tuned at 30hz! it sounded Damn Deep it was an awesome daily setup especially for a trunk car

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

the 18xl's get crazy on the low end as long as they are tuned under 35hz but man they do it with tons of output just put enough spiders in them to accomadate whatever power you plan on giving it but even stock will hold alot more than you might think as long as its clean but somthing around 3-4k per sub gets real nasty and will shake shit apart