Tahoe w/ 2 18s, 10,000w - 2 vids uploaded

Just posted this pic because of all those who bched about the tinsels on their original BTLs. This sub was bought in October of '06, played on a 2000w hifonics amp for a few months till I bought memphis 4kws and ran like that for 2 years. There's barely any wear visible at all. Tinsel slap my azz.

Oct_09_2BTL_041.jpg

Now watch me f it up lol.

Wiring the subs up tomorrow, probably running my grounds too.

actually your tinsels have been slapping the spiders.

you see the chafe marks on the spiders right below the tinsels?

no big deal though. :drinks: build looks great man

No, it sits pretty level. The vehicle is 4x4 and has the tow package, so it's doing fine with the weight. Both amps are on one side of the car, so it's like 100 lbs on the passenger side too.

Thanks. There may be some rubbing- I don't deny that, but I never heard a horrible slap noise like many claimed, and they sure didn't wear through the spiders or something. It's very slight, not really worn much at all. And that's over 2 years of use- some people ruined their subs by not setting their ssf in a matter of weeks! I understand your point though. Thanks again.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

No, it sits pretty level. The vehicle is 4x4 and has the tow package, so it's doing fine with the weight. Both amps are on one side of the car, so it's like 100 lbs on the passenger side too.

Thanks. There may be some rubbing- I don't deny that, but I never heard a horrible slap noise like many claimed, and they sure didn't wear through the spiders or something. It's very slight, not really worn much at all. And that's over 2 years of use- some people ruined their subs by not setting their ssf in a matter of weeks! I understand your point though. Thanks again.

yea that sub is in great shape for a couple years of play time.

and forgot to add earlier, that amp is the shit. i am jealous.

yea that sub is in great shape for a couple years of play time.

and forgot to add earlier, that amp is the shit. i am jealous.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Today I wired up my line driver, I'll have to upload pics tomorrow. Pretty much soldered in power wire and ran all the connections. I'm using the Memphis unit I had before. It's a pain to adjust the amps output with where it's located and how it's held down. Plus my Alpine H/U has 1v pre-out.

It's much easier to change the input voltage to the amp, though until I get the rest of my alts/batteries I probably wont be able to crank it up full tilt anyway.

It's done except for wiring the amp to power. I don't have enough power wire. It's in transit- 50ft roll of 1/0 Knu Fleks for the last runs of power and the wire for the amp. Should be here Wednesday.

I thought I had a ton of crimp ring terminals, but unfortunately I found out I was short after ordering the wire. I ordered the terminals from a local shop, so should have another 40 by Wed. too. Now I'm trying to figure out a rack for the fuse holders under the hood.

Again, more pics tomorrow, but given the wire comes in on time I'll have it up and running Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Time to crimp and solder some terminals on the ground wires:

Oct_09_2BTL_053.jpg

I use 1/2" pex crimpers and a bolt to help round the edges in. Really fast and easy. It holds great by itself, but I soldered the ends anyway.

Oct_09_2BTL_054.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_056.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_058.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_059.jpg

The power wire is due in tomorrow, I will just need to wire that up and it'll be ready to go.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Today with everything in I hauled 100 linear feet of molding, a bunch of paint and stuff, 2 people, and a 36x80 wood door in the back half of my vehicle with plenty of room to spare.

I'm really trying to buy the E-350 van off my mom and use that for work. There's sooo much room in that thing I could wall it off with these 2 18s, shove a crap of batteries in, and still build a separate wall in back for tools and stuff. Don't see that happening though :(

Wire came in today, but the mfers who were supposed to get my 1/0 terminals didn't. I could have ordered offline if I wanted them tomorrow. I HATE dealing with shops because I have only dealt with 1 that was decent. They lie to get business, don't know wtf they're doing. How do you have 4 15's in a wall do less than 140db? Ask a shop anywhere near Myrtle Beach SC, they can recreate their demo car for you.

/Rant.

50 ft of Kolossus Fleks. It feels like more than 21lbs but thats the shipping weight.

Oct_09_2BTL_061.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_062.jpg

Shok vs Knu - black is shock, red is knu.

Oct_09_2BTL_063.jpg

This is some thick wire, the wire has a lower strand count than the shok, but is certainly much thicker. It has a poon jacket though, very thin, but very flexible.

Oct_09_2BTL_064.jpg

Unlike most wire I've used it's actually thick enough to hold a terminal in place, it's very hard to jam all the wire in without losing a few strands.

Oct_09_2BTL_065.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_066.jpg

Crimped and ready for solder. No pics of that since it's just repetition.

Oct_09_2BTL_067.jpg

More pics tomorrow after I hook up the amp. I don't know when that will be since I don't have terminals to hook up all the wire.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived