Scosche 1/0 Ring Terminals

A friend and I have been looking for a bunch of 1/0 ring terminals. We both need about 20, or 40 total. I've been debating to go with some off the shelf gold plated 1/0 terminals that you find all over ebay or even on the forums, or going with 1/0 copper welding lugs that I can get locally and have used before. I have no problem using the lugs, they work well especially since I have the correct crimping tool, although I had planned on soldering them this time.

Anyway, my friend calls me today and said he bought 100 (thats right 100) 1/0 ring terminals online made by scosche. I looked up the info and as long as the pic is correct, they don't look gold plated and look like some cheap mild soft metal.

I am wondering if I should use these or not, what would you do? The systems consist of 3000~ watts, and we planned on running 2 strands of 1/0 each, along with a sprinter 165ah battery in the back. I'm betting these things are junk...

Here's a pic of the Scosche terminals.

EP79484491.jpg

Thanks, Dan.

-Dan Kasun

05' Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi Blow-thru build in progress.

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

I've currently got these installed on my battery, alt, and grounds...they work fine for me

system is is the sig

<div align='center'>03 RAV4

18" DC Level 4 XL

Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge

AudioQue 2200D

6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz

DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT

1/0 BIG III</div>

Copper is, aside from silver, by far the most conductive metal. If copper is 100 on the conductivity scale aluminum is like 57 and gold about the same as aluminum. Pure copper soldering lugs are going to be the best by a long shot, other than them tarnishing. Gold doesn't really tarnish or corrode so if it's going to be exposed to the elements then gold plating would be helpful.

About the terminal you bought, just see what they are made out of to tell whether or not they are good. Really the metal is all that matters, everything else is just marketing.

Edited by Brianrj90

Those seen to be fine. It just metal and copper terminal are good but expensive depend on sizes and how much you're buying. From what i notice everything in the houses we building are just copper wires and terminals. Car audio are mostly aluminum and copper mix together... Like someone said copper have good conductivity with connections but not everyone out there can afford copper...

Hey guys, I wanted to update this thread. We just got our Scosche 1/0 ring terminals in the mail today and overall I am very pleased! They are not the mild soft looking metal as in the pics on the internet. They look of a nice grade, thick metal that looks like it should work great. I was concerned of the quality based on the pics I saw on the net, but they look much different. These have 3/8" holes. The only thing is I am slightly concerned about the wire fitting in. They look a tad small, but I don't have my shok 1/0 to verify if they will go in. On the order sheet it says Scosche 1/0, but on the bags they say 0/1 so idk. If its a close fit I will open these up a bit and use them soldered.

Heres a pic.

DSCF2582Large.jpg

Edited by dsmdan

-Dan Kasun

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

Hey guys, I wanted to update this thread. We just got our Scosche 1/0 ring terminals in the mail today and overall I am very pleased! They are not the mild soft looking metal as in the pics on the internet. They look of a nice grade, thick metal that looks like it should work great. I was concerned of the quality based on the pics I saw on the net, but they look much different. These have 3/8" holes. The only thing is I am slightly concerned about the wire fitting in. They look a tad small, but I don't have my shok 1/0 to verify if they will go in. On the order sheet it says Scosche 1/0, but on the bags they say 0/1 so idk. If its a close fit I will open these up a bit and use them soldered.

Heres a pic.

DSCF2582Large.jpg

If you have trouble getting the wire into the terminals, buy some zip ties and zip tie the exposed wire you are putting in the terminal near the end of the wire, it makes it much easier to put the wire in the terminal.

I heard Boon say this a week ago, so thanks Boon, it helped me out a helluvalot.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

you should solder them either way. use a torch.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

If you have trouble getting the wire into the terminals, buy some zip ties and zip tie the exposed wire you are putting in the terminal near the end of the wire, it makes it much easier to put the wire in the terminal.

I heard Boon say this a week ago, so thanks Boon, it helped me out a helluvalot.

Thanks, that makes sense, it will tighten up the wire reducing its size helping it go into the hole. (Thats what she said lol)

-Dan Kasun

you should solder them either way. use a torch.

Thanks, I had planned on soldering them anyways. I've got a nice hand held MAP gas torch, a few rolls of 60/40 solder, and a vice to help.

-Dan Kasun