DC Sound Lab

DC LVL 3s or Lvl 4s

hey if anyone could help me decide on these two subs that would help. Im workin with an 03 grand prix so not much trunk room or i would do lvl 5s.

so i basically have two seperate enclosures 1.9 cubes each after port displacement at 36 hz. i did two boxes so i could put them on oposite sides of trunk and all air would flow through the middle cuz only the middle part of the back seat folds down. now im wanting to go atleast 2000 watts if not more let me know will get pics up of how box is goin to be set up

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

Does this setup sound weird to anyone else? well I have an 18 lvl 4 w/ lvl 5 coils and it beats hard. Do you want 1 or 2 subs?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Does this setup sound weird to anyone else? well I have an 18 lvl 4 w/ lvl 5 coils and it beats hard. Do you want 1 or 2 subs?

2 12s i will post pictures tomorrow

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

To make clear my back seat has an opening in the middle and the rest of the seat doesn't fold down. i made two enclosures so that i can put one on the left of the opening and one on the right of the opening the current box has the port on the bottom i thought this would help air flow to the rest of the car

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

Well how much exact power will u be running?? Up to 1000 watts I'd run LVL3s, anything over that I'd run LVL4s... Don't even know why u brought up LVL5s though, pretty much pointless to run them without at least 3k per woofer.

What size subs though?? For 12s 1.9ft3 per sub isn't really too much and for 10s it's generally more than you'd want, unless you wanted to up the efficiency and were running lower power per woofer.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Well how much exact power will u be running?? Up to 1000 watts I'd run LVL3s, anything over that I'd run LVL4s... Don't even know why u brought up LVL5s though, pretty much pointless to run them without at least 3k per woofer.

What size subs though?? For 12s 1.9ft3 per sub isn't really too much and for 10s it's generally more than you'd want, unless you wanted to up the efficiency and were running lower power per woofer.

lvl 4 12 each in a 1.9ft3 enclosure would pound idk what your talking about most people have lvl 4 12s ussually have about 1.5ft3 per sub my lvl 4s each have about 2ft3

lvl 4 12 each in a 1.9ft3 enclosure would pound idk what your talking about most people have lvl 4 12s ussually have about 1.5ft3 per sub my lvl 4s each have about 2ft3

Structures sentences might help next time to understand what you're attempting to say.

I helped a teammate w/ a few different builds(with 12" LVL4s) and our best results with 1400w per woofer came around 2.4ft3 per woofer or so(+/- .1ft3). Without high amounts of power per woofer(2k+ per LVL4) we saw pretty poor results from boxes 2ft3 - 1.75ft3 per woofer. I highly doubt and have yet to see someone running 1.5ft3 per 12" LVL4 in a daily setup, unless they're running a big amount of power to them.

Subs in smaller boxes tend to be more inefficient and take greater amount of power per woofer. This is the reason why if u run power on the lower end of the subs handling capabilities, then larger boxes tend to bring up efficiency of the sub and generally make it louder per watt. *There are always exceptions to this though* From what I've experienced through many years is the case which I just stated, but like I said there are exceptions to this though.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

1.9 cubes per sub would be the biggest i could go for 36 hertz and thats a 2 inch port. Like I said for power atleast 1000 a sub i could always do more thats not a big problem for me. im just trying to find out what would be better for that size of box

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4