DC LVL 3s or Lvl 4s

even in that small of a box?

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

if ur in Grand Island.. do u know Kurt Bills?

yes i do actually he's been helpin me with some ideas just wanted some more input he actually built the box for my 4 12 inch type rs it slammed but not enough air flow to the rest of the car so trying to get 2 powerfull 12s but my main concern is ive seen people get lots of power to subs in a smaller enclosure like mine and still not hit much harder

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

A box for 12s that is of that size if gonna be pretty inefficient, if u are planning to stay in the 2000w total power range then I'd suggest running LVL3s. If ur gonna upgrade in the not to distant future then just run LVL4s for the time being and when u add more power you'll see increased results in that size enclosure.

Are u just stuck on DCs or will you look elsewhere for woofers??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

A box for 12s that is of that size if gonna be pretty inefficient, if u are planning to stay in the 2000w total power range then I'd suggest running LVL3s. If ur gonna upgrade in the not to distant future then just run LVL4s for the time being and when u add more power you'll see increased results in that size enclosure.

Are u just stuck on DCs or will you look elsewhere for woofers??

Not totally stuck but i've seen and heard them in action most people in this small town run mtx alpine JL n SONY :( so i dont get to see many others in action. I am open to suggestions but they were pretty good priced

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

IA Death Row or LI, AA Havoc or Chaos, FI SSD or Q, DD 2512, AB HD or XFL... All of those would fit in the category equally as well(compared to LVL3 or LVL4).

I would have mentioned AQ SDCs also but I'm pretty sure they aren't in stock as of right now.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

KEEP YOUR BOX

and go with the level 4s. i run 2 12" level 4s in 3.8^3 feet of total box. it dumps loud as can be. dont listen to that marlo guy, listen to the other 5 posts telling you that the box size will work well.

hey Marlo, do you use level 4 12"s? if you dont personally own them or use them, then you have little say.

and to the OP, i live in Omaha. If you're ever out this way and want to get a preview of the level 4s, pm me and i'll let you listen to the system.

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

KEEP YOUR BOX

and go with the level 4s. i run 2 12" level 4s in 3.8^3 feet of total box. it dumps loud as can be. dont listen to that marlo guy, listen to the other 5 posts telling you that the box size will work well.

hey Marlo, do you use level 4 12"s? if you dont personally own them or use them, then you have little say.

and to the OP, i live in Omaha. If you're ever out this way and want to get a preview of the level 4s, pm me and i'll let you listen to the system.

Alright man sounds good cuz my man kurt had some lvl 4s but he had fifteens and a much bigger box they pounded hard tho. My other concern would be i can only go down to 36 hertz with a 2 inch port if i go with 3 inch port i can go 44 hertz i want it to be loud and sound good mainly loud though it is a daily driver too

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

i had a level 4 15" in a box tuned to 37 and it was pretty loud. it didnt hit the lows like i wanted though. (check my avatar)

now i have 2 12" level 4s and my box is tuned to 34 and its exactly what i was looking for. it still allows me to hit the highs, but it really drops on the lows.

for the daily driving, i'd recommend going into the 32-36 range. you'll get the best all around range imo.

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel