My F-150 stock floor body drop/custom truck build

I finally got to drive the truck a few days ago and on it's maiden voyage the bracket they built to hold the cruise control module under the hood broke and the truck decided to go to wide open throttle and send me thru a red light and speeding out of control (thought I was driving a toyota for a second). I took the key out and rolled to a stop on the side of the road. They were supposed to come get it on saturday but didn't show up then I got a call sunday afternoon stating that they were ready to pick up the truck. I politely told them they have until this friday to have it back to me completely fixed and gave them a list of things that are wrong. A couple hours later I get a call from a shop in my home town that the owner of Ekstensive is friends with (i have met this guy a couple of times and he is pretty laid back and easy to get along with so I'm happy to talk to him). He said Bill is not going to pick up the truck and that they were going to do all the repairs locally instead of driving up from houston to pick it up. I've heard some pretty good things about this shop and figure that the bulk of the work is already done so I'm happy to have them work on it instead of sending it 4 plus hours away and maybe not seeing it for another year.

So depending on how these guys do on the repairs I will post up some pictures and a review of their abilities. I will only disclose the name of the shop if they are of good quality because I don't want to bash a shop that is trying to take care of me for free because of another shops problems. From what I saw at their shop this week I have confidence that they can redo the front inner fenders and get the cruise control put back together along with some other odds and ends. I worked at another shop with their audio guy a few years ago and he does some pretty badass work so I expect that the metal fab guys will be of similar quality.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to drive the truck a few days ago and on it's maiden voyage the bracket they built to hold the cruise control module under the hood broke and the truck decided to go to wide open throttle and send me thru a red light and speeding out of control (thought I was driving a toyota for a second). I took the key out and rolled to a stop on the side of the road. They were supposed to come get it on saturday but didn't show up then I got a call sunday afternoon stating that they were ready to pick up the truck. I politely told them they have until this friday to have it back to me completely fixed and gave them a list of things that are wrong. A couple hours later I get a call from a shop in my home town that the owner of Ekstensive is friends with (i have met this guy a couple of times and he is pretty laid back and easy to get along with so I'm happy to talk to him). He said Bill is not going to pick up the truck and that they were going to do all the repairs locally instead of driving up from houston to pick it up. I've heard some pretty good things about this shop and figure that the bulk of the work is already done so I'm happy to have them work on it instead of sending it 4 plus hours away and maybe not seeing it for another year.

So depending on how these guys do on the repairs I will post up some pictures and a review of their abilities. I will only disclose the name of the shop if they are of good quality because I don't want to bash a shop that is trying to take care of me for free because of another shops problems. From what I saw at their shop this week I have confidence that they can redo the front inner fenders and get the cruise control put back together along with some other odds and ends. I worked at another shop with their audio guy a few years ago and he does some pretty badass work so I expect that the metal fab guys will be of similar quality.

My buddy Eddy Cebreco works at Godfather Customs. Bill Carlton did their hummer for them also on 6s. The thing wont drive more than twenty feet its so messed up.

My buddy Eddy Cebreco works at Godfather Customs. Bill Carlton did their hummer for them also on 6s. The thing wont drive more than twenty feet its so messed up.

i heard it NEVER ran :ehh:

After being put off again I think the new shop is going to pick it up Wednesday morning and get it fixed up for me. They got back from ShowFest today and have to get everything ready tomorrow so it will be in and out as quickly as possible.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

After being put off again I think the new shop is going to pick it up Wednesday morning and get it fixed up for me. They got back from ShowFest today and have to get everything ready tomorrow so it will be in and out as quickly as possible.

well its wensday morning any word.....

Well it is getting a lot closer to the end. They are about done with the repairs and I am having them do some other work to get it set up the way I wanted it to begin with but didn't quite get.

On a good note, Dan from Truckin' called this week and got all the info on the truck. He said it has been on his to-do list for a while but he was waiting to put it in the magazine cause he wanted to do a military issue filled with trucks that are owned by current military members. Said it has a full write up on it and the issue will hit the shelves in late July. Good timing cause that is close to the same time I go back overseas for another tour. He seemed excited to have it finished so he can do another photo shoot after it is done and feature it in a future issue.

Since the truck is getting close to completion the itch has hit to start moding out the Tahoe and since it just got fresh paint and will be lowered next weekend I started pricing out a 6.0L engine swap to get the 5.3L out of there. $9500 for a 6.0L and front mount turbo with intercooler and methanol injection putting out around 5-600hp to the ground seems like the next mod. Was quoted a week for the conversion so with my luck it will be about a month but it will be a fun ride when it is done. Prob get started on this one around the middle of June so I can drive it around a little before I leave.

Archived