Mechman Alternators

belt issue or idle issue?

It may be getting hot if you are pulling a lot of current at idle. It has thermal protection that will back the voltage down when it gets hot. It does not cool as good when it is not spinning fast. . .

You woudl hear the belt if it was slipping. . .

BRian

not always.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Unless it has been sprayed down with something, I would bet while you may not hear it non-stop, you would get some type of squeek every now and then when bouncing the RPM's up and down.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

well, the whining is brief about 30 secs to a min and only when i haven't started it in a while. As for pulling current at idle, shouldn't when i'm NOT running anything like I said in a previous post, stock gave better voltage at idle. that's with or without running anything. With my mechman voltage slowly drops and drops until i revv it some :( not fun when it's hot and I want to run the a/c I have to keep it revved to about 800 to keep it at 14.2 volts, stock stayed at 14.3 without revving. and i'm almost sure it's not slipping, i have no problem putting on a shorter belt if it'll defintely help i'm just worried if it will be too tight and eventually pop b/c the pulley on stock and mechman are same size. Stock pulley was small to begin with

th_140x100square.jpg

okay yea it says 65a min mechman does produce that but i think irragi might be right about not enough idle current, b/c this is the list of the first few off the dyno sheet

Stock Mechman

67 37

83 68

94 95

112 147

AFTER doing the conversion the output i get is Stock (83) Mechman (68) I think I need those 15 amps

th_140x100square.jpg