Mechman Alternators

belt issue or idle issue?

okay sorry should have answered this in the msg, but I did like you asked and unhooked both batteries for about 8 or so hours, voltage was 12.9 on both batteries before and after charge. Noticed with the back battery disconnected the voltage stays between 14.1-14.6 depending on how much i turn up the radio. Also tested with a/c on and rpm goes up to about 750-800 and voltage stays at 14.4 with moderate listening levels.

My question is.....why does the voltage drop so much with back battery connected? Autozone did a load test on back battery (DEKA 9a31) said it was 100% and did a load test and said it was good. So I'm confused why it goes down to the low 13's with them both connected regardless of anything on or off.

th_140x100square.jpg

scratch that it's 10 something and cool so not heat issues haven't left in a few hours. Well, same symptoms happening now still without back battery hooked up. Let it idle and it'll drop to 13.3 with no load :( well you know what i mean nothing besides cars basics needs. So tomorrow I'm going to get the stock battery tested

th_140x100square.jpg

If you still have your stock alternator I would just send it back to Matt and let him test everything there. It may be something as simple as a bad diode in the alternator. He has been great with customer service when i needed anything so i'm sure he will do you right.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

If the voltage drops when you add the rear battery to the circuit, the battery is either partially discharged, or it is not in good shape. No question about that.

okay little update

The list is .... temperature, time, vol on radio and idle voltage...yeah i know anyone can make that out.

Well since it does it sometimes MECHMAN do you think it's b/c the voltage at maximum speed is set higher on the stock than yours? Stock=15.08 Mechman=14.7

Obviously I don't know much or else I'd be able to fix this issue myself but my friend thinks I need my voltage set higher so when it's "hot" it'll putout more voltage is that correct?

Saturday I'll try putting on a Goodyear Gatorback .5 smaller belt and see if that works, if not I'll send it back for you to look at. Sorry for the inconvience I just hope the belt helps b/c it's a super pain in the ass to put in and take out of my car. :(

64F 9:41 a.m. vol. 20 13.6

66F 9:54 (no radio) 14.3

72F 1:21 p.m. vol. 22 14.2

th_140x100square.jpg