im looking at an 86 king cab, and just wondered how loud they were. i know TMK runs one but i dont have incriminator cash, so ima go with my 15" MA in 4.5 cubes @38 on 5 4" flared ports with prolly a crunch 1100/2(needs 800 max so should be good)

no speakers in it, gonna go with some kicker DS series at first, then go to rockford power comps in about 6-months or tax season.

will i need a bigger batt? i know i will need a big 3 in 0 ga but it only has a 50 amp alt, should i shop around for a replacement?

i dont have much bank to spend, sofar im looking at about $300 into the sound system alone, not to mention im gonna need an aftermarket HU, and im pretty sure the factory wires are snipped. yay.

the truck is worth the price, but what im asking is, how much sound deadening would i have to do? (btw, im thinking 3 layers duct tape on the door and r-blox on floor and back of cab, with fatmat on the ceiling. is it all worth it? thanks yall.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

do the doors and back of the cab first for deadening. you should get a bigger battery, MECHMAN has a 250a alt for those trucks.. Z24 or v6?

wtf? duct tape, for sound deadening? wow...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

do the doors and back of the cab first for deadening. you should get a bigger battery, MECHMAN has a 250a alt for those trucks.. Z24 or v6?

wtf? duct tape, for sound deadening? wow...

LOL, I would get some of the Peel and Seal from Home Depot, for some cheap Sound Deadning, I dont know how good duct tape would work.......wait did you watch that new Mythbusters episode LOL.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

when i say duct tape i mean the industrial stuff, works pretty good actually. and will i need 250 amps if im running 1000 watts? and its the z24. by duct tape, i just wanted to seal the doors and IB the 5.25s. the duct tape i can get is 12"x120" so it wouldn't take much to do a door.

if i need to i will go with a bigger alt, but VxA shows me i need 62.5 amps so sustain the amp....

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

when i say duct tape i mean the industrial stuff, works pretty good actually. and will i need 250 amps if im running 1000 watts? and its the z24. by duct tape, i just wanted to seal the doors and IB the 5.25s. the duct tape i can get is 12"x120" so it wouldn't take much to do a door.

i mean, i'd be running 14 volts minimum, so thats like... 62.5 amps. why wouldn't a 100 amp alt work? i was thinking of running a powermaster 16v batt......

if i need to i will go with a bigger alt, but VxA shows me i need 62.5 amps so sustain the amp....

If you run a 16 Volt battery you will need a new alt that charges at 18V, and if the battery doesnt have a set of step down posts that are 12V, you will need to have a seperate alt to run your car, I say just get something like a 150 amp alt from Mechman and call it a day. Keep in mind about 70-80amps of the stock alt is dedicated to running the stock acc.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

man, you gotta remember, these tucks are plane jane, no power windows, no power locks, only electronics really are the lights, spark, and stereo. should i just get a 150 amp alt off a chevy 3500 and adapt the bracket and pulley to fit?

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

Nich choice of vehicle!! I got one to u can check out my build log if u need some ideas

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg