DC Sound Lab

whitch is louder 3 level 4 12's or 2 xl 15's?

If i had the choice I would go with XL 15s. More information and the deciding factor would be budget, size of box, and alignment of woofers.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

If i had the choice I would go with XL 15s. More information and the deciding factor would be budget, size of box, and alignment of woofers.

-Drew

Definitely need more info on rest of your setup. Also if you're planning on running a DC 3000.1 and you wanna buy it BNIB, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. Not due to quality at all, just the fact that they won't be around for long if there are any left at all.

With only 1500w per woofer I'd rather run 2 15" LVL4s, LVL4xls won't be brought anywhere near potential w/ that power.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

i have 1500w to my xl's are they sing pretty damn good. he could always get another 3k later.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i have 1500w to my xl's are they sing pretty damn good. he could always get another 3k later.

True he could get more power later on, if he can find another 3000.1 though... The XLs do get loud off of 1500w each but I had a long discussion with a friend/DC dealer when he tested from lvl3s to lvl5s. LVL4s were louder to ear and meter than XLs were from 1000-2000w. After that the XLs were louder(lvl4s were near their daily limit also after 2k) up to right around 3300w or so, then the LVL5s were louder than the XLs were.

This is testing that wasn't done by myself but a long time competitor and personal friend of mine, hope this helps the OP some in making his decisions.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Id go with the Two Fifteens it has a slight more cone area then the 3 12s but that all depends on how well that box is build

3 12's=339.292

2 15s=353.4292

and if you build a proper box and get another 3K you'd have 6K... 3K for each woofer then you'll be BUMPING.that and there are always other 3ks amps out there so dont worry if you cant find tha DC one.

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Id go with the Two Fifteens it has a slight more cone area then the 3 12s but that all depends on how well that box is build

3 12's=339.292

2 15s=353.4292

and if you build a proper box and get another 3K you'd have 6K... 3K for each woofer then you'll be BUMPING.that and there are always other 3ks amps out there so dont worry if you cant find tha DC one.

yeh i think ima go with the 15's and i can allways go with sundown for the amps! my plan was to go with 1 3k watt amp and then get another later on also. thanx guys

Mr%20Mcnasty510.png

Chrysler 300 on 24's

(2) audioque 2200d's [subs]

(1) audioque 4x90 [highs/mids]

(2) 12" DC audio level 4xl's

(2) xspower D3100's

Iraggi 320 amp alt

Big 3, 2 runs of 1/0 guage

Box 4 cft tuned to 30hz