2 runs of 1/0, divide the fuse rating? And is Alt. Fuse Required?

you are supposed to fuse for the wire not the amp, the 300 amp fuse is for the rating of wire not the amp.

ie if you run 10 runs of 1/0 you need 10 300 amp fuses

thank god thank you for some truth.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

hold on now. are you running these wires to a back battery or do they run straight to the amp? if they run to the amp, put a 300amp fuse on the wire close to the battery. then put a 150amp fuse on each wire close to the amp. otherwise you have a 600amp fuse running to your amp.

or you could just run the 300amp fuses and itll only protect against a fire. it wont protect your amp.

its always a good idea to fuse the alt + as well. the idea here is to protect against a fire. if that + wire grounds out, itll dump a TON of current.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

hold on now. are you running these wires to a back battery or do they run straight to the amp? if they run to the amp, put a 300amp fuse on the wire close to the battery. then put a 150amp fuse on each wire close to the amp. otherwise you have a 600amp fuse running to your amp.

or you could just run the 300amp fuses and itll only protect against a fire. it wont protect your amp.

its always a good idea to fuse the alt + as well. the idea here is to protect against a fire. if that + wire grounds out, itll dump a TON of current.

Thanks for the help. The 2/ runs of 1/0 are going to a 2nd battery in the rear, and off the battery another 2 runs of 1/0 to the amp.

Should I fuse the 2 runs of 1/0 coming off the 2nd battery to the amp each with a 150a fuse?

And also, I was looking over the alternator wiring my truck. The stock alt wire runs into a PDC (power distribution center) where all the fuses and relays are. It doesn't go directly to the battery. I also plan on running 2 runs of 1/0 off the alt to the battery and have a few questions.

1. How should I do the wiring? Should I run the wires to the battery or to the PDC, or one each?

2.Should I remove the factory wiring as its small gauge, I mean will I burn it up with the HO alt?

3. The amp needs a 300a fuse rating as well, with the 2 runs of 1/0, should I also run a 150a fuse on each strand?

Thanks again, Dan.

-Dan Kasun

05' Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi Blow-thru build in progress.

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

i have a 150amp fuse goin to stock 70amp alt for my big 3, and a 250amp fuse inline goin back to back battery, i have 3 300amp ma audio fuses that i can use, should i swap out the 250 for the 300?

im only runnin 1000wrms and 2 mids n highs amps

but ive yet to see a 200amp+ fuse blow, ive seen em melt alot but not blow

anyone got pics of one blown?

sry to thread jack but ive always wanted to kno these questions also

ive always thought a fuse only let threw as many amps as wut it was raited for, but i unno if its true or not

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Guest DC Power Rob

As it was mentioned ^^^ You need to fuse the 2 runs of 1/0 going from the front to the back, both with 300A fuses, and the fuses should be up front. You are doing this to prevent fires, not to fuse the amps. The amps need to be fused as well off of your rear distribution whether it's buss bars or batteries. Also, you can run 300A fuses front to back because **IF** the 1/0 ever shorts out, it will definitely pull way over 300A and pop the fuse, but your amp will never, ever pull enough to pop them..

For the alternator wiring, you need to leave the stock wiring alone and upgrade to at least 1/0 in *addition* to the stock wiring, and fuse it with a 250 amp fuse between the alternator and the battery. You need to keep the stock output wire going to the PDC because the alternators output almost 99.99% of the time goes into the vehicles accessory system before it goes to the battery, and if you eliminate that wire, you lengthen the path the current has to flow and that's not a good thing generally speaking.

Fusing alternators can be a catch 22 though, there are some alternators that are a bigger fire hazard if they lose their connection to the battery than say torching a 4' section of 1/0 if it shorts, but that's a WHOLE other topic. Generally speaking, ALWAYS fuse the alternator!! Worst case scenario in this vehicle, if you blow the 250 amp fuse, you'll blow the stock fuse right after it and the alternator goes to sleep and nothing gets hurt.. Fuses are there for a reason, use them..

Also, the reason you see fuses melt, (especially cheap ANL fuses) as opposed to blow is fuses generally speaking only "blow" at 200% of their rating, (ie 300A fuse blows @ 600A), but if you run 400A through them long enough, they WILL sure as sh*t melt, but not "blow"...

Thanks for the help. The 2/ runs of 1/0 are going to a 2nd battery in the rear, and off the battery another 2 runs of 1/0 to the amp.

Should I fuse the 2 runs of 1/0 coming off the 2nd battery to the amp each with a 150a fuse?

And also, I was looking over the alternator wiring my truck. The stock alt wire runs into a PDC (power distribution center) where all the fuses and relays are. It doesn't go directly to the battery. I also plan on running 2 runs of 1/0 off the alt to the battery and have a few questions.

1. How should I do the wiring? Should I run the wires to the battery or to the PDC, or one each?

2.Should I remove the factory wiring as its small gauge, I mean will I burn it up with the HO alt?

3. The amp needs a 300a fuse rating as well, with the 2 runs of 1/0, should I also run a 150a fuse on each strand?

Thanks again, Dan.

the whole fuse on alts get me thinking sometimes.

if you have batteries in the back, you fuse after the front batt and before the back batt.

like ..batt...fuse.....................................fuse....batt

.............................^short, your safe

but on alts its

....alt....................................fuse........batt

.................^short

if there is a short there wont the alt just keep feeding power to the short? and just the batteries are protected

been wondering this for a while

Edited by fritosaregood

• 4 weeks later...
the whole fuse on alts get me thinking sometimes.

if you have batteries in the back, you fuse after the front batt and before the back batt.

like ..batt...fuse.....................................fuse....batt

.............................^short, your safe

but on alts its

....alt....................................fuse........batt

.................^short

if there is a short there wont the alt just keep feeding power to the short? and just the batteries are protected

been wondering this for a while

bump for this question...

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

Hey rob we need to fuse my alt when we get the Expedition back in .

Alpine D900 head unit 7" flip out t.v

Kicker 6 1/2 components (front,rear)KS 6502

MB quart 3 1/2" in front A/C vent's (center channel)

DC Audio LVL 5 18" (pair) Custom ported box

Sundown 4500 at .5

Sundown 100.4

XS 3100 up front and a pair of XS 6500 in the rear.

1 17" Eiger Vision T.V

2 7" Eiger Vision T.V in Second row.

Dynomat Top to Bottom (foam in all halo beam's)

DC Eng Alt 260SP and a 400SP dual set up.

big 3

Sitting on 24"

If your neighbor don't complain it's not Loud!

So you best go fix your shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!