Sundown Audio

Audioque amp

Lite-On

Hi All,

I'm still looking for a new amp with enough juice to power my 2 year's old JL 13w7. I like to push ~1500W RMS to that sub.

The AQ2200 amp has 2200W RMS+ @ 1 ohm, but is it possible to wire that amp @ 0,7 ohm?

My sub has dual 1,5 ohm coils, so it can be wired @ 3 ohm, or @ 0,7 ohm.

I don't think that the AQ2200 and AQ3500 amp deliver enough power @ 3 ohm load, so the only option is to wire the sub @ 0,7 ohm :search:

Hi All,

I'm still looking for a new amp with enough juice to power my 2 year's old JL 13w7. I like to push ~1500W RMS to that sub.

The AQ2200 amp has 2200W RMS+ @ 1 ohm, but is it possible to wire that amp @ 0,7 ohm?

My sub has dual 1,5 ohm coils, so it can be wired @ 3 ohm, or @ 0,7 ohm.

I don't think that the AQ2200 and AQ3500 amp deliver enough power @ 3 ohm load, so the only option is to wire the sub @ 0,7 ohm :search:

As long as you have decent electrical you should be fine running is at .7, just make sure to be conservative with the gains as I dont think the JL will like 2400+ rms at .7 load. Another option is to get the AQ 1200d, that will do about 1500rms at .7

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I'm still using stock electronic, but i have plans to upgrade to 2x 200A alternators which should be enough to power that AQ2200 or AQ3500.

I know that 2400rms is to much for a 13w7, i think i'm going to push safely 1500rms to it.

Maybe i'm gonna sell that 13w7 in some month's or years, and get a BTL or Audioque sub... that's the reason for buying a bigger amp :)

So it's 'safe' to run 0,7 ohm daily on that AQ2200 amp?

How about the sound quality, does that change while running at 0,7 ohm?

EDIT:

1500w RMS to much for a w7? What about 1250w RMS?

I'm currently pushing around 500w RMS to it = way underpowered

Edited by Lite-On

its safe to run .7ohm when u have the proper electrical to back it up on 2200 or 3500

1/0g wire, ho alt, big enuf batteries, great grounds

1200 is the most id do on a stock electrical

wattage needed to reach max output depends on the box as well... there is no magical rms #... again a jl w7 only needs ~1000w... it has a soft spider and doesnt need alot to get groovy

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I'm still using stock electronic, but i have plans to upgrade to 2x 200A alternators which should be enough to power that AQ2200 or AQ3500.

I know that 2400rms is to much for a 13w7, i think i'm going to push safely 1500rms to it.

Maybe i'm gonna sell that 13w7 in some month's or years, and get a BTL or Audioque sub... that's the reason for buying a bigger amp :)

So it's 'safe' to run 0,7 ohm daily on that AQ2200 amp?

How about the sound quality, does that change while running at 0,7 ohm?

EDIT:

1500w RMS to much for a w7? What about 1250w RMS?

I'm currently pushing around 500w RMS to it = way underpowered

Back when I had 4 13w7's, I used 4 of the Slash 1000/1v2's and they did fine on them. So about 1000wrms on one will do you fine.