Second Skin Audio

Thinking of doing 4th-order

Hm...

So more around 4cubes ported, 1 cube per sealed chamber?

Maybe do a 12*8 slot port?

EDIT: I really like the idea of doing two separate sealed chambers bracketing the ported chamber if that will work well.

The post above me looks like a decent design, I would do something like that with about 4 cubes ported though tuned to what ever suites your tastes.

What kind off music do you listen to, chopped and screwed, rock, country techno?

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

The post above me looks like a decent design, I would do something like that with about 4 cubes ported though tuned to what ever suites your tastes.

What kind off music do you listen to, chopped and screwed, rock, country techno?

Drew

I listen to almost everything with beat to it. Lot of rap, some rock from time to time, techno on occasion, bunch of Decaf's C&S mixes...

I don't have an armrest to port through though =/

Too many projects, too little time...

I listen to almost everything with beat to it. Lot of rap, some rock from time to time, techno on occasion, bunch of Decaf's C&S mixes...

I don't have an armrest to port through though =/

you can do a simular design ported thru the rear deck

I am running 12"s and the sealed section is ( If I remember correct) 1.17 cu ft per side and the port side is just under 3 cu ft, its tuned around 37.5- 40 hz

Okay, I ran both Iamsonic's and fearof85's box dimensions through WinISD with my subs with as many T/S params as I could find plugged in and the rest calculated.

Here are the results from when I forgot to put my input power and series impedance in (with them plugged in SPL was off the chart, hence my leaving it here)

Iamsonic's crossed the 75.5dB mark at about 21Hz and gained SPL in a parabolic fashion until about 49Hz where it peaked about 91.7dB, then resumed its parabolic curve down. At 100Hz it was still at 81.5dB.

fearof85's also crossed 75.5 at about 21Hz and had a parabolic curve but it peaks at 96dB right around 50Hz and heads down. At 100Hz it is at 79.5dB.

So basically one has a higher peak than the other.

I will take pics of the graphs I printed and graphs with the power and impedance plugged in, and show them here. Can someone interpret this information for me? From what I am seeing fearof85's will be louder but have steeper dropoff than Iamsonic's.

Keep in mind I am not trying to bash or hurt anyone with this research, I just want to see what will work best for me.

EDIT: it seems that the two have switched roles with the higher power.

Iamsonic's is above 87.5dB at 10Hz, goes off the chart at 105dB at about 24Hz, and comes back in just past 100.

Fearof85's starts at 88.6dB at 10, goes off at about 24, and comes on after 100, but with a shallower curve than Iamsonic's, slightly.

How do I change the scale in WinISD?

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Okay graph time!

No idea how to turn these into pics so I printed each one and took a pic of the pictures. Hope they turn out okay.

First off, Iamsonic, SPL, 1W

Picture088.jpg

Iamsonic SPL 576W (current estimated power from amp with 100A fusing assuming 14.4V and 80% efficiency)

Picture089.jpg

fearof85 SPL 1W

Picture095.jpg

fearof85 SPL 576W

Picture090.jpg

Both designs, Iamsonic on left, fearof85 on right, transfer function magnitude

Picture094.jpg

Can someone interpret these results for me?

I would say that they would both play pretty similar but mine looks like it is louder all around. B)

I am working tonight but I will get you a cut sheet tomorrow or Saturday, just let me know what you want it tuned to.

Try and lower my tuning to 44 hertz and watch the low end get nasty, I didn't know you liked C&S. :spiteful:

Drew

Edited by fearof85

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

I would say that they would both play pretty similar but mine looks like it is louder all around. B)

I am working tonight but I will get you a cut sheet tomorrow or Saturday, just let me know what you want it tuned to.

Try and lower my tuning to 44 hertz and watch the low end get nasty, I didn't know you liked C&S. :spiteful:

Drew

Haha, I lowered it to 38 on a whim and watched as it matched the other box at 50Hz and kicked its ASS below that.

I will try it at 44 and see what happens, just to see what happens.

As for a cutsheet, I think I should be able to throw one together tomorrow. My only real concern is making sure I have enough depth for the backside of the sub, although I guess it wouldn't matter if I threw it in with the magnet in the center ported chamber since you won't be able to see them.

Which brings up another question, how the hell am I supposed to swap woofers or anything of the like with this box without destroying it?

Which brings up another question, how the hell am I supposed to swap woofers or anything of the like with this box without destroying it?

Now remember i have no Fin clue about BP boxes, but could you mount the subs to the back of the baffle, and have the rear of the box removable like a SPL port in some peoples setups.?? Im curious how this works as well :hairtrick:

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

That is normally how it is done. Use weatherstripping to get a good seal

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

This^^^^^

Reverse mounting the subs is actually better for the woofers as the heat from the coil is cooled off by the port.

Wait till you build it and it stomps all over your current box in every aspect. :spiteful:

Drew