Sundown Audio

Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to get my port size down and for .6 cubes at 33 hz and 9.75" of port I'm getting that my length should be like 33" long which is too big for the box. Does this sound wrong? Or any ideas to shorten it without getting the port too small?

That's right my prots stick out like 8" the lower the frequency the longer the port looks goofy as hell but awsome sound is more important than good looks haha

Yeah I was trying to do a slot port but I might not be able to since the box is so small. What are your box/port specs?

I built mine for my truck it's smaller than required to get the right tuning but I think it is .5 cuft with a 24" long 3" port had to double baffle to have clearance for it

2xSundown SA-8

Hifonics Hfi2000D

US Amps 2150

Selenium Super Tweets

KnuKonceptz wire

Sup Guys,

Would 3 of these work well with 3cuft airspace tuned to 38hz with 1000w rms total, Reason I ask is that I want to just pull my 15" out, and drop 3 of these in.

my motto: hit it, quit it, never admit it :D

That would not sound real great in that big of a box you can go a little bigger since your going to under power them 2.0 cuft probably be best you could fit 4 in a 3cuft box but you'd also need another 1000 watts 2 of the 10s might be a good deal for you as well.

2xSundown SA-8

Hifonics Hfi2000D

US Amps 2150

Selenium Super Tweets

KnuKonceptz wire

Sup Guys,

Would 3 of these work well with 3cuft airspace tuned to 38hz with 1000w rms total, Reason I ask is that I want to just pull my 15" out, and drop 3 of these in.

Jacob recommended .6-1 cubic feet each and since you will be below the rms rating I don't see a problem with a 3 cube box for 3. If you ever adde any power though you would probably want a smaller box

• 2 weeks later...

so how much for one of these little monsters? is it 119 like it says in the first page?

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664