I Wanna Be A Ground Pounder

trunk cars are VERY hard to put out high numbers... Trunks sound good because they are in a seperate "room" than the internal cabin, so wind noise, mechanical noise is cut down alot, but since its another room, its hard to keep up a higher SPL. Probably a 3db handicap... But if you kept that back seat out, and molded the front baffle where the back seat was, and ports up thru the rear deck, Now that you could see a 150 with ALOT of hard work. Meade and his 2- 18s in his civic with a wall, and more power than 2500w your looking for, do what, a 155 I think? So, 150+ is a very high goal to achieve, even with double, triple the budget your working with. Especially as a first big build... This is definitly not destructive critizisem. But It would be awesome to see you do some big numbers like that, its just more competition for others, and me some day ;-)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Def. not my first system lol. I have one for sale on here right now. I'm "upgrading" from a 15" mag n a memphis 1100 watt amp. It did 142.2 n sounded amazing doing it. I just figured it was time to grow some balls n go all out. I figure I can do those kinds of numbers around $3k. I have some guys from local shops that will be helpin out n stuff.

New project in the works ;)

Thats one thing that you will notice on this forum. Everyone really cares for eachother. And looks out for your best interests and makes sure your not wasting your money.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

Thats one thing that you will notice on this forum. Everyone really cares for eachother. And looks out for your best interests and makes sure your not wasting your money.

some people dont listen though

on another note, 3k is a ton of money to be throwing at this. hopefully you can get the 50 out of it. good luck man.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived