Second Skin Audio

Need Help Port tuning

Ok for anyone thats been following any of my thread on what im trying to do, Im cramming 4 12s into the back of a silverado ext cab. Backseat it staying in and 2 people will still be able to sit back there. I just finished my very rough sketches of the box but it will work. I will make a good neat sketch soon and get it posted up so you guys can see it. I need help tuning the port however. I am thinking of just using PVC for the ports just because I feel like that will be easiest and pvc will take up the least amount of space inside the box. The box is 5.28 cuft AFTER sub displacement. so by my math each sub will have 1.32 each. I would like to tune this box to hit the lower notes good because i listen to mostly rap with low bass like im sure a lot of you do as well, Jeezy is my favorite rapper so that speaks for itself. I wont even bother giving you guys dimensions of the box yet because it is a weird shape to contour the seat and floor and dimensions and no pic would just confuse the hell outta you. If you need any more info to help figure out port tuning let me know Ill get you all the info i can...

The subs are Jl 12'' w3v2 dual 2 ohm... you can find the spec page at the jl site under discontinued models, its a pdf file. the subs Fs are 24.3 hz and I have no idea what the resanant of my truck is. Any help is much appreciated thanks guys.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Ok for anyone thats been following any of my thread on what im trying to do, Im cramming 4 12s into the back of a silverado ext cab. Backseat it staying in and 2 people will still be able to sit back there. I just finished my very rough sketches of the box but it will work. I will make a good neat sketch soon and get it posted up so you guys can see it. I need help tuning the port however. I am thinking of just using PVC for the ports just because I feel like that will be easiest and pvc will take up the least amount of space inside the box. The box is 5.28 cuft AFTER sub displacement. so by my math each sub will have 1.32 each. I would like to tune this box to hit the lower notes good because i listen to mostly rap with low bass like im sure a lot of you do as well, Jeezy is my favorite rapper so that speaks for itself. I wont even bother giving you guys dimensions of the box yet because it is a weird shape to contour the seat and floor and dimensions and no pic would just confuse the hell outta you. If you need any more info to help figure out port tuning let me know Ill get you all the info i can...

The subs are Jl 12'' w3v2 dual 2 ohm... you can find the spec page at the jl site under discontinued models, its a pdf file. the subs Fs are 24.3 hz and I have no idea what the resanant of my truck is. Any help is much appreciated thanks guys.

I also need some input on which way to fire the ports, right now im thinking the best place might be on the section under my rear seat i can fire a port or 2 in each direction firing out towards the doors I will have at least 6-8'' from port to the door.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

sounds like its gonna be a funky box design. you may get some cancelation if your subs ar all over the place and the same with your ports facing different directions. you can find port calculators on line that all you need to do is put in the info and it will give you a lenght on the port for what ever freq u want

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

For the size you said with 2 programs it was a 6" tube 10" or 12" x2 tuned to 32hz, you only need 12 for round and 16 for square ports as for placement id try the sides.

You can use this to make sure.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

sounds like its gonna be a funky box design. you may get some cancelation if your subs ar all over the place and the same with your ports facing different directions. you can find port calculators on line that all you need to do is put in the info and it will give you a lenght on the port for what ever freq u want

well 2 of the subs will be facing up and 2 of them will be facing mostly foward because the box is going to sland from the top where the first 2 subs are and have a very steep slant to the floor and the 2 other subs will go there and then to gain airspace Im connecting a 52'' wide section under my seat to gain almost another foot of airspace to the overall box. it will be like the downfire box I have under there now accept the dimensions of this will be 52 wide by 13.5 deep and one side wll be 5'' tall and the backside under the lowpart of the seat will be 3'' tall so i was thinking of putting the ports in that section of the box firing out towards the doors or firing foward the only thing is if i fire them foward they will be aimed at the back of a passengers legs that sit in the back.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

For the size you said with 2 programs it was a 6" tube 10" or 12" x2 tuned to 32hz, you only need 12 for round and 16 for square ports as for placement id try the sides.

Would that be 6'' long ports? and what size pvc i was thinking of using 2'' pipe so what your saying is 2 2'' ports 6'' in length or 12'' in length?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

6" diameter and 10" long and 2 pieces.

damn I couldnt put them in the part of the box I want to if they gotta be a 6'' circle, can those dimensions change like say to 3'' diameter and like 18'' long or something like that?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

damn I couldnt put them in the part of the box I want to if they gotta be a 6'' circle, can those dimensions change like say to 3'' diameter and like 18'' long or something like that?

Or use like 4 2'' diameter by 12 inch long ports?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3