SQMonte Posted October 28, 2009 Report Posted October 28, 2009 Looking to upgrade and want opinions on what setup I should get. So if you suggest one or the other, make sure to post whether or not you've heard either of the subs listed and why you'd get one over the other. Both setups would be powered by an AQ1200D @ 1ohm Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
J00bles Posted October 28, 2009 Report Posted October 28, 2009 Looking to upgrade and want opinions on what setup I should get. So if you suggest one or the other, make sure to post whether or not you've heard either of the subs listed and why you'd get one over the other. Both setups would be powered by an AQ1200D @ 1ohm in my opinion, the Q would be better sounding, but the r's will be louder. assuming you build great boxes.. 8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee Click to see J00bles' Youtube Channel
bgaccord Posted October 28, 2009 Report Posted October 28, 2009 i woulld go with fi Q just because u have 1200 watts,the type r's will get louder but u need to feed em at least 900 watts each,i had 1 15" type r on a rf t2000 and it got LOUD and it was taking the power like butter
SQMonte Posted October 29, 2009 Author Report Posted October 29, 2009 Fi Q, 2...Type R's 0 Anybody else care to chime in? Another question too. Anybody think the Fi Q 15 ported into my cabin on 1200+ watts rms would be as loud or louder than my ID12's in a ported box in the trunk on 870+ watts rms? Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
Nirvalica Posted October 29, 2009 Report Posted October 29, 2009 I had a single 12" type-r, and now have an 18" Q. The Q sounds much better to me. Gets real low. Plays bass with authority. After getting it, I wouldn't want another Type-R in my car... except for maybe to relive the good times I had with it. I also have to say the Type R was in a 33hz box and the Q is in a 28hz box, also the Q is powered by a sundown amp while the R was powered by a Hifonics 2 channel amp (bridged of course). The hifonics put out "600" watts rms. Prolly not true 600, but it was plenty of power for that sub. You wouldn't need more. My Youtube Page. Check it out The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components Q-logic 6.5" kick pods CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass Kicker ZX350.4 Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap 7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz Sundown SAZ-1000D Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors
Nirvalica Posted October 29, 2009 Report Posted October 29, 2009 i woulld go with fi Q just because u have 1200 watts,the type r's will get louder but u need to feed em at least 900 watts each,i had 1 15" type r on a rf t2000 and it got LOUD and it was taking the power like butter Keep in mind the 12" R's are rated for 500wrms and the 15" R's are rated for like 750wrms. 900 seems like too much for a 12. My Youtube Page. Check it out The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components Q-logic 6.5" kick pods CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass Kicker ZX350.4 Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap 7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz Sundown SAZ-1000D Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors
splzx3 Posted October 29, 2009 Report Posted October 29, 2009 i have a older type r in a 1cb ft sealed box with about 200-250 watts and it loud for a single 12 im for the type r (i have it from 05 and never had a prob. with it) ________________________________________________________________________ deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said: splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said: i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD lol your mom is a G! WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.
Marlo Stanfield Posted October 29, 2009 Report Posted October 29, 2009 i woulld go with fi Q just because u have 1200 watts,the type r's will get louder but u need to feed em at least 900 watts each,i had 1 15" type r on a rf t2000 and it got LOUD and it was taking the power like butter You're an idiot if you think the 12s need at least 900w per woofer to get loud. There thermal/mechanical power limit is between 900-1000w per 12, their ideal power is right around 750-800w per 12. Also I'm sure that you ran a 15" Type-R on 2000+ watts daily and it was just fine. I have a bunch of experience with them and they will start to get stinky above 1500w daily. By saying that it was taking 2k+ daily "like butter" is With 1200w total I'd run the single 15" FI Q over the 2 12" Rs.. If you're going to upgrade to like 1500-1700w, then I'd suggest the Rs. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
SQMonte Posted October 29, 2009 Author Report Posted October 29, 2009 With 1200w total I'd run the single 15" FI Q over the 2 12" Rs.. If you're going to upgrade to like 1500-1700w, then I'd suggest the Rs.Can you explain why? Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
Marlo Stanfield Posted October 29, 2009 Report Posted October 29, 2009 Can you explain why? More cone area plus I've tested 2 12" Rs off around 1500w in the past(daily built/tuned) and off the same power a 15" RE SX(not the same, but somewhat similar to FI Q in performance). The Rs were almost a full db louder if I'm remembering correctly(was like 3 years ago) and they were in same vehicle/power/optimal daily box. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.