Sonic Electronix

Steve Meade's Mac for his Tahoe

Guest DC Power Kyle

I'm so tired of this debate.

NO Macs can get viruses just like any other computer. (I have never gotten a virus on a mac or hacked to date)

Macs are based off Unix http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X

I prefer macs to windows like people like DCs compared to Fi's

Whatever works for that person WORKS FOR THAT PERSON.

Whatever Steve likes is what Steve likes.

There are pros and cons to each.

I love linux and macs and wouldn't go back to windows any time soon.

Macs are more reliable because they control the hardware they put in their computers. By doing this, they can ensure that their drivers are very reliable and won't cause freezes and other various problems as much as windows does. Windows has to support millions upon millions of drivers so they can't have as much quality control by having all the components in front of them.

Yeah windows does VERY well for the amount of shit they have to support compared to mac. But I will always pick a MAC over a PC simply because of the reliability of the drivers and the system overall.

This mac vs pc debate is getting old... It will never end.

SPEAKING OF...

steve's mac in his tahoe

how do you get the computer to play itunes?

I was thinking about it last night.

is that why Steve had to still run a HU in the caddy to run the output of the computer to the input of the headunit?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Guest DC Power Kyle

Oh and for the record, I was an avid windows user from 3.1 to windows vista. Two years ago I made the switch when leopard was released. I hated mac for the first month or so and then I really fell in love with it.

I had basic computers on windows to gaming rigs with Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processors with 4 gigs of ram and an Nvidia 8800GTX. I always had constant problems and couldn't ever get things to run right with the driver issues. No matter what EVGA released it was always a POS.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Steve could run a headphone to RCA jacks to the 3sixty AUX. But having a head unit gives him more control and able to use other things like FM and such without having to get certain apps. If i did a mac, I would interface it through my AUX in my IVA-W505

Oh and for the record, I was an avid windows user from 3.1 to windows vista. Two years ago I made the switch when leopard was released. I hated mac for the first month or so and then I really fell in love with it.

I had basic computers on windows to gaming rigs with Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processors with 4 gigs of ram and an Nvidia 8800GTX. I always had constant problems and couldn't ever get things to run right with the driver issues. No matter what EVGA released it was always a POS.

Lets not forget how with a Mac, when you're installing an app you drop it in the app folder and with most apps, when you want to uninstall you just delete that app in the app folder. Granted some apps still leave stuff in other folders, but not remotely like MS does.

Oh and my Vista comment wasn't to say it was the worse. They just released a bad product at a bad time. Mac and Vista competition...If they would have released an OS like windows 7 instead of Vista, MS wouldn't have as much of a tarnished name and Mac may have had a harder time selling. (may have).

Mac's are awesome and MS is awesome, for different reasons and needs. I love the guts of the Mac though..soo clean!

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

The computer is a computer, any hand built computer or higher and pre-built will be just as reliable as the mac hardware, considering 90% of people use hardware that could easily be in a mac. Windows has VM Ware, microsoft Virtual machine.

mac, windows, and linux all have virtualbox to where you can run a guest os, AND it's free.

Linux is a great OS, but it's not always 100% user friendly. But I agree if steve has a pretty thorough knowledge of linux, linux for a carputer would be awesome, provided he has the right application.

<< Former I.T. Manager for OnlineAuction.com >>

i agree you have to know a thing or two about programs to use linux.

and that one of the main things i hate about a fair majority of mac users (nobody bitch at me i said a fair majority not all of them) is they are just stupid when it comes to computers. if the computer doesnt do it for them then its broke and it needs to be fixed. i hate that so much

Macs can be great. i can get used to em but the fair majority of mac users have tuned me away from them. i dont want to be assoiated with them. i know how to make things work without the computer doing the work for me.

thats all i have to say about that

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i agree you have to know a thing or two about programs to use linux.

and that one of the main things i hate about a fair majority of mac users (nobody bitch at me i said a fair majority not all of them) are just stupid when it comes to computers. if the computer doesnt do it for them then its broke and it needs to be fixed. i hate that so much

Macs can be great. i can get used to em but the fair majority of mac users have tuned me away from them. i dont want to be assoiated with them. i know how to make things work without the computer doing the work for me.

thats all i have to say about that

Ummm thats the whole PC world. :01nocomment8so:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Ummm thats the whole PC world. :01nocomment8so:

true but i cant tell you how many times ive heard that "mac is more user friendly, thats why i use it" meaning you have to do less to make things work as compared to windows... get what im sayin

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build