yea the trunk is fuckin bulletproof, but holy shit, i seriously wish i had a pic of that left bracket, im so pissed that the previous owner didnt take his time taking the flipscreen out, but the new head unit doesnt even go thru the dash piece....the next time we work on this, imma take the plastic bracket around the head unit off, so that may add some room for it to squeeze thru, then put it back on the outside of the dash piece....still gonna get new brackets tho, plus new #8 x 3/8" pan head phillips screws cuz those work better with this dash kit supposingly :wacko:

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

yea the trunk is fuckin bulletproof, but holy shit, i seriously wish i had a pic of that left bracket, im so pissed that the previous owner didnt take his time taking the flipscreen out, but the new head unit doesnt even go thru the dash piece....the next time we work on this, imma take the plastic bracket around the head unit off, so that may add some room for it to squeeze thru, then put it back on the outside of the dash piece....still gonna get new brackets tho, plus new #8 x 3/8" pan head phillips screws cuz those work better with this dash kit supposingly :wacko:

Courtesy Nissan Parts site

I get my replacement parts here.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

awesome stuff

Thanks a lot man!!! Probably see major updates Friday :)

Courtesy Nissan Parts site

I get my replacement parts here.

hey thanks alot man, i can get the brackets from that website, cant find the dash cover there tho, but hopefully i can find it elsewhere :(, but do u happen to know the installation kit u used for ur head unit, and if u can, send me a pic of what it looks like.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Hey oren, if you want to come over tmm night @ like 11:00 P.M. that would be cool with me, I could finish the deadening and run the wires to the trunk. (assuming you got the hole drilled in the firewall) and if you got the extractor we can take the back seat off. From there the possibilities are endless, so if you dont have it done, do it tmm (weds) and we can work as long as we want as long as we dont have anymore of these bullshit reasons to stop (bolts nuts screws etc)

AND buy those #8 3/8" pan head screws as mentioned above, and maybe we can get the head unit looking right.

hey thanks alot man, i can get the brackets from that website, cant find the dash cover there tho, but hopefully i can find it elsewhere :( , but do u happen to know the installation kit u used for ur head unit, and if u can, send me a pic of what it looks like.

I haven't installed it yet. I have the alpine IVA-W505 which is Double Din, so I"m hoping it fits in pretty good.

Edit: What Dash Cover are you looking for? Is it this? (in red)

lid-cluster.gif

If so, they have it, but its like 58 bucks here:

680 Instrument Panel, Pad & Cluster Lid at Courtesy Parts

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Hey oren, if you want to come over tmm night @ like 11:00 P.M. that would be cool with me, I could finish the deadening and run the wires to the trunk. (assuming you got the hole drilled in the firewall) and if you got the extractor we can take the back seat off. From there the possibilities are endless, so if you dont have it done, do it tmm (weds) and we can work as long as we want as long as we dont have anymore of these bullshit reasons to stop (bolts nuts screws etc)

AND buy those #8 3/8" pan head screws as mentioned above, and maybe we can get the head unit looking right.

dammit man, impressions was closed all week too, ill just go to vibez on monday during my break to get that done, ill get that tool on friday so we can test fit the box, ill be a lil more calm if the box will freakin fit! :help:

I haven't installed it yet. I have the alpine IVA-W505 which is Double Din, so I"m hoping it fits in pretty good.

Edit: What Dash Cover are you looking for? Is it this? (in red)

lid-cluster.gif

If so, they have it, but its like 58 bucks here:

680 Instrument Panel, Pad & Cluster Lid at Courtesy Parts

THANKS ALOT MAN!! i didnt even catch that part lol! yea idk if my current dash kit is good for this unit cuz all it is was a tray that covers up where the stock cd player was, there is nothing that came to hold the head unit in place except the brackets. Im hoping that it fits in place when i buy the new brackets cuz to me, if the brackets are straight, the head unit should clip to the sides of it without a problem....ill do some more research on it, maybe ask a local shop about it. Hopefully u dont run into any problems with urs man cuz i got pretty pissed lol

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

THANKS ALOT MAN!! i didnt even catch that part lol! yea idk if my current dash kit is good for this unit cuz all it is was a tray that covers up where the stock cd player was, there is nothing that came to hold the head unit in place except the brackets. Im hoping that it fits in place when i buy the new brackets cuz to me, if the brackets are straight, the head unit should clip to the sides of it without a problem....ill do some more research on it, maybe ask a local shop about it. Hopefully u dont run into any problems with urs man cuz i got pretty pissed lol

you screw the head-unit to the big metal brackets that you unscrew the stock unit from

2000 chevy blazer

Avic n1

you screw the head-unit to the big metal brackets that you unscrew the stock unit from

yea that was gonna be my next option...i mean ive never done head units on imports, ive done a chevy blazer, dodge neon, and a chevy cavalier, so this was a lil different lol

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Archived