Second Skin Audio

If volume is equal does box shape matter?

I would think you would be fine as long as one side of the woofers isn't closer to a wall or something.

Oh i should be fine then the woofers will be centered in the middle width wise and the magnets will be about the same distance from the back wall

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Thanks guys, very helpful. I'm loading only 2 subs and port in the middle. The rear of the box will be equal on each side just the sides are not square. The front and back will be. It will be a little like Jared420's with a 6 Cu ft box connected to a 10 Cu ft box. The odd shape comes from the larger box being taller and the sides will have to be fiberglassed around the wheel wells. Sounds good so far.

Starting From Scratch!!

Now lets say you build a box with no 90 degree angle inside the box have every side or corner tapered a little. I seen a box like this and ask why? Then they said it was acoustically designed to do something with the sound waves(Like make it louder or something IDK). Has anyone seen something like this or know if this would work to make it potentially louder?

I have done alot of reading on this subject and asked a shit ton of questions to alot of people before we built my box. (Thanks Chris) Here is a couple of pics of it. We used a basic rectangle box with a angled front that follows the angle of the back seat. This allows me to put the seat back in and still be able to play that BOOM BOOM POW... :spiteful: We cut out the big section of the bottom to allow us to fiber glass the tub into the box to add additional volume to the box and still have room for all the equipment in the trunk. Both 15's and the port are forward, with port on driver side. we ended up with about 7.75 cubes after displacment and tuned to about 31-33.. We have added additional braceing so tuning has changed a bit. I would highly recommend sealing off the trunk. Best 10 dollars I have spent on the whole build. ( exspanding foam FTW)

I personnally have not had any issues, in fact right out the gate we got a 149.4 (not offical) back it up in comp with a 149.2.

3.jpg

4.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

I have done alot of reading on this subject and asked a shit ton of questions to alot of people before we built my box. (Thanks Chris) Here is a couple of pics of it. We used a basic rectangle box with a angled front that follows the angle of the back seat. This allows me to put the seat back in and still be able to play that BOOM BOOM POW... :spiteful: We cut out the big section of the bottom to allow us to fiber glass the tub into the box to add additional volume to the box and still have room for all the equipment in the trunk. Both 15's and the port are forward, with port on driver side. we ended up with about 7.75 cubes after displacment and tuned to about 31-33.. We have added additional braceing so tuning has changed a bit. I would highly recommend sealing off the trunk. Best 10 dollars I have spent on the whole build. ( exspanding foam FTW)

I personnally have not had any issues, in fact right out the gate we got a 149.4 (not offical) back it up in comp with a 149.2.

3.jpg

4.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Thanks man, your box was the one that gave me the idea! Mine will basically be a similar idea just bigger :hairtrick:

Looks promising so I'm gonna start as soon as I get this bodywork done.

Starting From Scratch!!