Second Skin Audio

my master piece is complete!!

would that throw my tunning off?

Honestly, yes. It will alter your port volume by a little bit.

But being honest, the 2 or so hz it would change your ear wouldnt really notice much.

You could just figure out the displacement of the wood, and make your port a tad wider to compensate it (you wouldnt have to change the length at all (except to get your width correct by the mouth of your port)).

However, looking at your design, you have the outter ends of your front baffle connected from the side of your side panels. Id change that to mounting them over the side panels if that makes sense. So the front baffles would connect the same way as your port wall.

Hard to tell in my blurry picture, but if you look close, you should see what i mean hopefully

IMAGE_264.jpg

Honestly, yes. It will alter your port volume by a little bit.

But being honest, the 2 or so hz it would change your ear wouldnt really notice much.

You could just figure out the displacement of the wood, and make your port a tad wider to compensate it (you wouldnt have to change the length at all (except to get your width correct by the mouth of your port)).

However, looking at your design, you have the outter ends of your front baffle connected from the side of your side panels. Id change that to mounting them over the side panels if that makes sense. So the front baffles would connect the same way as your port wall.

Hard to tell in my blurry picture, but if you look close, you should see what i mean hopefully

IMAGE_264.jpg

ok i see wut you did

wut if i put a dowel or a couple of them instead of a strip of mdf? wut it be just as effective

ps just looked at ur build log man i love it ur box is freakin huge lol i like the color scheme u got goin on with the subs and enclosure

Edited by skinneyfinney17

CB7 wit bang

it says 2" from the corner of the "L" on in the port to the point of the 45*. that means that itll be closer than 2" at the middle of that 45*. that's where your going to get port noise from. make that corner into a 45 so itll be the same distance from that middle 45. you know what i mean?

i didnt even notice the distance at the 45 angle in the port lol. oops.

and tyler, i've read several places, and from a member here (that i have good reason to believe...he has world records lol) that 45's dont help in the corners of the box. some people will beg to differ. i myself dont use them anymore, and havent noticed anything different. bracing stiffens the box, which helps output. the 45 in the port helps airflow out of the port easier, which would also help output.

and tyler, i've read several places, and from a member here (that i have good reason to believe...he has world records lol) that 45's dont help in the corners of the box. some people will beg to differ. i myself dont use them anymore, and havent noticed anything different. bracing stiffens the box, which helps output. the 45 in the port helps airflow out of the port easier, which would also help output.

I agree, filling every corner of your box with a 45 is not needed. Many times if you build your box without them and meter it, then pour resin in each corner of your box to have a 45 often lowers your decibel score. Thats why I only try to do 45s that are relative to my port walls.