Sonic Electronix

Do it, always worked well for me.

2 cans should be more than enough.

Just remember to tape up the holes right after spraying or gooey foam will leak out.

lol found out the hard way! i needed sumthing to keep it from leakin out. and that shit is a nasty fuckin mess once it starts coming out.

Edited by lil_italy773

That is what I plan on doing, I know how messy Great Stuff can be LOL. I will probably do it in a lil while and post my results tomorrow sometime, to see how much of an improvement was made, I will do the same when I add the SS on top of it.

Sweet.

I just read through the other comments. And want to make a rebuttle.

Dont worry about the foam pushing the outer skin, there is not enough force to do so. It will simply push through the taped over holes.

Also, filling those areas will not DQ you from the lower classes in dB Drag. trunk lids are not part of a wall in the rules, and there are special considerations for using foam sparingly, and your usage would fall within those considerations no problem.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Sweet.

I just read through the other comments. And want to make a rebuttle.

Dont worry about the foam pushing the outer skin, there is not enough force to do so. It will simply push through the taped over holes.

Also, filling those areas will not DQ you from the lower classes in dB Drag. trunk lids are not part of a wall in the rules, and there are special considerations for using foam sparingly, and your usage would fall within those considerations no problem.

Cool, Thanks Man

Too bad there isnt shit for comps around here, every other person has Walmart subs in prefabs it seems, and right now they think my 2 12 CVX's are loud.....cant wait to see there faces once the rebuild with 2 12" LVL4XL's off of 5K is finishid LOL.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Cool, Thanks Man

Too bad there isnt shit for comps around here, every other person has Walmart subs in prefabs it seems, and right now they think my 2 12 CVX's are loud.....cant wait to see there faces once the rebuild with 2 12" LVL4XL's off of 5K is finishid LOL.

if anyone has the answer it would be Ed...

but just to warn you man, it doesnt always work as well as youd like. Of course we have totally different cars, but I filled mine with great stuff and deadened with dynamat (license plate has 2 layers on it) and it still rattles. so just an FYI, dont expect all the rattles to go away

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

i filled the holes in mine with tape... used two cans... wasn't really enough.. but some leaked out.. and a small amount got on the side of my car... it took like a month for it to come out... i didn't want to wetsand it ... but keep everything clean...

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

Just a Lil Update, filling the Trunk Lid with the Great Stuff definately helped, I would say the rattling sound has gone down about 50% it really surprised me, now to just order that second skin and get rid of even more of the rattles.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.