Sonic Electronix

Horrible eletrical imbalance problem?

So last night I offered to bring my trusty 10" to a dance party just do add some extra kick to the music. The setup was to be as follows: Ipod going into the RCA inputs of my amplifier, RCA's going from the outputs of the amplifier to the line inputs of a self powered PA speaker.

The Ipod hooked into the subwoofer amp worked just fine. But whenever I plugged the output RCA's into the PA speaker, the sub got pushed at a constant frequency (like 50 hz or so); even when I turned the gain all the way down on the sub amp, the sub was still moving! Crazy... Additionally, no sound came out of the PA speaker. WTF do you think happened? I was thinking that the problem was somehow electrically related...

PA speakers have an input sensitivity at a much higher level than a pre-out RCA.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

can u give a name of wut kinda stuff u was useing so we get an idea on how to hook it up?

ive hooked up some wierd shit in some cases n it work n jam like all hell so i might can help

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

just try splitting off the rcas comeing off the ipod from the input of the stereo n then into the pa amp n should be fine, whats wut i always do

the output might be bad on the recever not sendin a good output signal

and ya pa stuff is regulated alot diff than normal home stuff is, takes alot higher preamp voltage than most other recevers to

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

So last night I offered to bring my trusty 10" to a dance party just do add some extra kick to the music. The setup was to be as follows: Ipod going into the RCA inputs of my amplifier, RCA's going from the outputs of the amplifier to the line inputs of a self powered PA speaker.

The Ipod hooked into the subwoofer amp worked just fine. But whenever I plugged the output RCA's into the PA speaker, the sub got pushed at a constant frequency (like 50 hz or so); even when I turned the gain all the way down on the sub amp, the sub was still moving! Crazy... Additionally, no sound came out of the PA speaker. WTF do you think happened? I was thinking that the problem was somehow electrically related...

The problem that you experianced was that you did not have a mixer to runn it to so onces you purchase a PA mixer you should not experiance that problem i work around with pA,s at the time because my grandpa runs a gospel group but if you do buy a mixer for that PA speaker and its still doing the same thang it might be a shortage inside the PA box if it is old or if it is new it might be a factory malfunction in the product its self.....I will not be responsible for any of this if you listen

tro me i am just telkling you what i would do if i was you.

Car Owned:2000 Malibu

Stereo:Ken-wood kdc 2022

# Of woofers 4

Amp:Ken-wood

No capaciters

all woofers are 12"

Amp wattage 600 watts

(SMD) MALIBU CUSTOM AZUL TYPHOON ADDITION OR A.K.A___M.C.A.T.A

Archived