Sundown Audio

ok, ive tested 40, 43, 45 and 50hz. 11.7 was the lowest impedence i got. 50hz was the highest, i think it was 15. could a box leak cause higher imp? or if the aero port's connectors arent sealed up well enough? other than that, the best thing i can think of is to put a bunch of 2x4's in the box to make it 4cuft instead of 5cuft. itll change my tuning to 43hz and will give me more port area per cuft. ive also considered plugging the second port for daily. itll bring my tuning down to 30.5hz. might sound a little better, give me my lows back. as long as it doesnt give me port noise. what do you guys think?

but hey, im doing 145db and my subs are only seeing 500w each. so i guess thats some good news.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

bump for input.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

for daily use your imp rise wont be like that, there is a thing about that somewhere on the forum.

playing tones had a bigger effect. you could wired your subs to a lower ohm and play some tones to see wat happens.

I started to run my axis at .5 ohms on my sundown amps because instead of dual 2s it was actually dual 2.4s.

so i would just wire the subs lower and just play some fult tilt music at see if anything gets hot. and keept an eye on voltage too

i wont run at .25 ohm on these amps. at least not till i have the electrical to back it up. maybe after another alt and battery.

and im comparing the rise with other peoples results and its still high. tones alternate on a song and it would be pretty hard to get an accurate reading.

Edited by skittlesRgood

everyone home from work yet? help me out guys

If this a system to play music, you better take several measurements at different frequencies to get a better picture of the impedance before you start changing things. . .

If you are tuned at 39 Hz, there is going to be a nice peak on each side of the tuning, so 45 Hz is more than likely getting into that peak.

Have you measure any other frequencies?

Also check your measuring equipment. You already found one problem with the measurements. . .And a series parallel 2 ohm setup should be around 1.5 ohms when measuring DC resistance (what you are measuring with a meter), so maybe the problem with the wire/connections may be a valid concern. It may be more than just the offset of your meter.

Brian

Edited by bkolfo4

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

How are you measuring the rise ?

Using voltage and current measurements and calculating, right ?

correct.

112v/9a=12.4

thats how im doing it.

If this a system to play music, you better take several measurements at different frequencies to get a better picture of the impedance before you start changing things. . .

If you are tuned at 39 Hz, there is going to be a nice peak on each side of the tuning, so 45 Hz is more than likely getting into that peak.

Have you measure any other frequencies?

Also check your measuring equipment. You already found one problem with the measurements. . .And a series parallel 2 ohm setup should be around 1.5 ohms when measuring DC resistance (what you are measuring with a meter), so maybe the problem with the wire/connections may be a valid concern. It may be more than just the offset of your meter.

Brian

i tested from 40-50hz. i couldnt find any higher tones. at 50hz i got an even higher rise than 12. i think it was 14 or more. and it didnt go under 11 at 40hz.

i tested my meters and they both check out. they are reading fine.

my wiring is fine. i just replaced the stinger wire that was turning green, last night. all coils read 2ohm. I measured the resistance of the wire with the solder joints and it showed no resistance. i even put a few wires together so there would be more solder joints in the run and i still got no resistance.

testing continues, input is welcome.

Edited by skittlesRgood