Sundown Audio

how in gods name is jacob only get 1ohm rise in his testing? im not calling him out, i want to know the secret. i just got a clamp meter and my impedance was 12.5! i have 2 saz-1500's strapped at 2.5ohm. tested at 45hz. gain set with an o-scope. my box is 5^ft, two 6" flared ports tuned to 39hz.

115.8volts/9.2amps = 12.5

115.8 x 115.8 = 13409.64/12.5 = 1072.77

obviously im very disapointed that my two 1500w amps are only doing a little over 500w each. so what can i do to lower my imp rise? im sure a new box would be in order but maybe there are some little things i can do to mine to help? im ready to improve my knowledge guys. teach me all you can. :friends:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i understand that but my peak is at 45hz so i only really cared about testing at that frequency. if there a way to lower the imp rise at 45hz? i mean, you only got less than 1ohm rise in your testing. there must be some way i can get results close to that.

ill go do more testing at some more frequencies

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

i understand that but my peak is at 45hz so i only really cared about testing at that frequency. if there a way to lower the imp rise at 45hz? i mean, you only got less than 1ohm rise in your testing. there must be some way i can get results close to that.

bigger box? thats a start.. wire to a lower resistance?

but damn 5x rise sucks.. most ive had is 4x rise

jus wire lower itll shrink down a lil

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

that would mean running them at .25ohm each. not really comfortable with that. not with only 2 batteries at least.

that would mean running them at .25ohm each. not really comfortable with that. not with only 2 batteries at least.

It won't be with box rise.... :spiteful: also I also noticed bigger port area =less rise

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

It won't be with box rise.... :spiteful: also I also noticed bigger port area =less rise

well if the theory behind flared ports being more efficient if true, i should have a lot of port area. maybe i need to go back to a slot port and go bigger?

With rise like that, something tells me you'd be alright running .25 ohms before rise. You'd probably have 1.5 or so ohms.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card