Yea, my classes look something similar to yours IH8PunkRok.

Jw, say you start college with no calc background there, what do you end up having taken by then end of the first year/start taking sophmore year?

there is a calc background course offered in the summer which i decided to take even tho i had AP calc in high school. id be dead in the water if i didnt.

first semester is ENGR 101 (calc 1) but they reccommend if you have a 55 or lower after the third or 4th test (weekly tests and quizzes) t go down to math 190. which is the equivalent to pre-calc/ algebra type class. focusing on basics

Then there is ENGR 102 (calc 2) same deal as calc 1 just harder.

after that im not sure but i think its ENGR 103 (we have summer semesters to get our masters done in 5 years)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

My cousin was taking The Computer Engineering classes at Louisville, but transferred to a different school. Im doing Mechanical engineering at UK, I suggest trying to do some some engineering activities. I know Louisville has a pretty good Formula car team FSAE, im sure they have other like that as well. You do more hands on stuff dealing with your major as well as meet people with your interests and who are taking the same classes as you. Just a thought

But I rather be a pro at being myself

Than be an idiot trying to be somebody else

anything is better than a biology/medical major lol

how so?

I plan on becoming an anesthesiologist

so next year when I go to college I will prob major in biology or chemistry

I know its long but its worth it in the end

I know if I ever find out you were messing with my 17yr old daughter, i'm diggin' off in that ass and then your next post will be asking for tips on how to remove my size 12 shoes from your ass.

Open Up The Trunk

Pioneer P6000Ub H.U.

Sundown Saz-1500D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

12" Directed SX12D4 (x2)

12" 1500rms Sub x1

Front - Powerbass 4XL-65-92 Mids

Rear - Cadence 6.5" Mids

Electrical Under Construction

Check Me Out(CarAudio Vids)

Official Feedback Thread

Check Out My Music Page

My cousin was taking The Computer Engineering classes at Louisville, but transferred to a different school. Im doing Mechanical engineering at UK, I suggest trying to do some some engineering activities. I know Louisville has a pretty good Formula car team FSAE, im sure they have other like that as well. You do more hands on stuff dealing with your major as well as meet people with your interests and who are taking the same classes as you. Just a thought

im actually on the team haha

one of the main guys Ben is a good friend of mine and got me on the team

only problem is i do not have time to get in the shop. id like to but i just dont have time.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

lol Im in that same position. Our team died about a year or so ago, so now we are re building it with new people, sponsors, etc.

^that

fucking money is hard to get.

we needed a shit ton too just to get the car where we want it

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

lol i didnt know there was a college college

but yes im at at university. 5 year masters program

oh nah cause im going to a technical school to learn a lil bit about electrical btu then i think id have to go to college to get int othe engineering part

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

^that

fucking money is hard to get.

we needed a shit ton too just to get the car where we want it

Yea we lost all our sponsors, from the previous members doing things they shouldn't have done with the car as well as saying they would do things that they did not do, so we are pretty much building it back from the ground up. its not a lot of fun now, but once we start building it, it should appeal more to my interests. lol

But I rather be a pro at being myself

Than be an idiot trying to be somebody else

Wow aparently none of you guys realize that success in this world actually requires hard work... Did you all think going into college was gonna be 20min of easy homework a night like in high school?? If you all are truly in this mind frame then stop wasting your parents money on school and go work at Mcdonalds.
I had a double major in general business and criminal justice.

Marlo, I don't think you have the room to talk in this situation. Yeah, you went through college, but from major to major shit changes, undoubtedly. For someone who's not even an engineer, someone who hasn't been in the shoes of an engineer, I don't think you have room to talk. I know you're witty and can throw down some bullshit, being a business and criminal justice major, but who are you to talk?

To throw out the generalization that 'none of you guys realize that success in this world actually requires hard work' is pretty damn offensive. After all, why the hell would any of us be in college right now if we didn't realize that. Becoming an engineer is by far one of the toughest majors out there to attempt. Anyone that has become an engineer of any kind I give props to. Anyone that graduates college I give props to. Matter of fact, props to you for getting through college. Looks like you're enjoying life right now, new BMW, nice sound system in your explorer, and I'm sure much more beyond that.

I feel like if you've got an ignorant opinion to throw down like that though, you should at least be able to say you're an engineer. You stay throwing down opinions that aren't needed, and you of anyone, having gone through college you should be throwing constructive criticism out rather than an opinion you have no credibility for.

$.02

Not to start a flame war, but damn you coulda said, "I was never an engineer, but from what I hear its pretty damn hard. I went through college, got a double major in general business and criminal justice. I worked my ass off and I'm happy I did, it paid off. Stick with it, its worth every minute of it."

a member here (benh...although he is rarely on here) is a good friend of mine...in his third year at speed school at louisville...also doing electrical engineering...

just ask him....it only gets harder...he did an internship last year with toyota up in indiana...didnt really like it cause it was more drafting and a mechanical engineering gig...

he is doing another internship right now...and from what i know he likes it a lot better...they are actually flying him to canada for a couple of weeks to work on something...

you could pm him and shoot him some questions...speed school is no joke...best of luck....but the sooner u make up your mind the better...

i have my degree in finance and could care less now...lol...so i feel kinda stuck in life too...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived